What would you value this regal at?

TermnEatr

Im looking to buy my first buick soon and im going to look at this car next weekend. Im fairly new to the turbo buick scene and am not very familiar with the values of certain models ive researched the rpos and im showing this as a regal limited?
what would you pay for this car?
67,000 miles runs great, paint 7-8 out of 10,interior 9 out of 10.... Needs new hood shocks for both sides and the electric antenna is broke stock besides exhaust.
Car used to be silver was repainted black.
View attachment 305647 View attachment 305648 View attachment 305649 View attachment 305650 View attachment 305651

Last edited:
If the car is bone stock you would need to invest few bucks to get it up to standards: new injectors, chip, valve springs, most likely radiator is all clogged up, get few gauges (boost, oil pressure and scanmaster a must, water temp is a good idea, but you can monitor through scanmaster)
New fuel pump, hotwire kit,few wiring upgrades from Caspers.
Still has a powermaster, be careful with that.
How's the suspension? Stock from 1987?

Where are you located? Find a buddy who knows these cars or a reputable mechanic in your area and pay him few bucks to go look at it with you. Or have a seller bring it to them and meet you there. That's what I did. Worked out great.

Jim Dunn is selling nice fixer upper in Philly, PA. Car can use some paint (no rust, just old paint), but mechanically is 1000%, all upgraded already. As a first Turbo Buick, this is what you want. His is Limited with leather, rare car with very rare color combo. And I feel he is giving it away if you try to add up what he has in it.

Power antenna is broken in most of them. Still has stock fuel pressure regulator. They painted the car, but left the firewall silver. Looks loke the AC was converted to 134, does it work?

Not sure if the ac works im assuming so he said everything works fine other than the antenna. Hes asking 15,500. I have a very good shop in the area that started his career messing with turbo buicks so thats not an issue i was just hoping to be able to cruise this thing for awhile before having to dump money into it.

If the car is bone stock you would need to invest few bucks to get it up to standards: new injectors, chip, valve springs, most likely radiator is all clogged up, get few gauges (boost, oil pressure and scanmaster a must, water temp is a good idea, but you can monitor through scanmaster)
New fuel pump, hotwire kit,few wiring upgrades from Caspers.
Still has a powermaster, be careful with that.
How's the suspension? Stock from 1987?

Where are you located? Find a buddy who knows these cars or a reputable mechanic in your area and pay him few bucks to go look at it with you. Or have a seller bring it to them and meet you there. That's what I did. Worked out great.

Jim Dunn is selling nice fixer upper in Philly, PA. Car can use some paint (no rust, just old paint), but mechanically is 1000%, all upgraded already. As a first Turbo Buick, this is what you want. His is Limited with leather, rare car with very rare color combo. And I feel he is giving it away if you try to add up what he has in it.

How much would i be able to get most of that stuff for? Would 1k knock most of it out? I havent priced anything for these cars lol

A lot would depend on your goals/purpose. It's lost "value" since it's not the original color but that's not a deal killer. I would be more leary of why it was painted ie; rust. A good cleaning of the engine compartment and some minor upgrades would make it a good driver providing the brakes, suspension, trans etc are road worthy. I think it's over priced though. Oh, on any repairs or upgrades take count on double what you think.

15,500 is pretty close to what I think it would be worth if it's really 67k miles. The paint would probably make or break the deal. It's a little weird that it got painted with that low of miles, and the paint is already back down to a 7/10

I just talked to him more about it he said the guy he bought it from painted the car im about to car fax it and see if anything shows up.

Well the carfax does show a mileage report in 95 of 3x,xxx BUT it also shows 1 accident report it says disabling damage that would most likely be the paint culprit.

CarFax with accident history and crappy re-paint!! You better be ready to own this car forever.

Move on!

I would also value the car around 10-12k. I think the value would be a lot more if it was painted original color and kept the chrome trim then 13-15k.

Yup. Originality is gonna be king with these cars, if not already. Lots of cut up, repainted, wrecked, race cars, etc. $10k max, imho.