What would the next bigger size be up from a TE44?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I'm trying to determine what the next bigger and best size would be up from a TE44 for a street/strip combo good for mid to low 11's with good street manners in mind and quick spoolup. A new convertor is not out of the question either but do not want to go higher than 3200 stall.
From what I can tell the TE60 would be a good choice or maybe a PT61 with the GT61 wheel??

The next compressor size up is the 60-1, the compressor in the 44 i believe is a 59mm wheel. The next turbo up i believe is the pt-51. Same compressor as the 44 but a larger turbine. Then there are combos of the 61mm wheel after the 60.I would look into the pt-61 first that's the best bang for the buck right now it seems

TE61/PT54 or some form of those ones with the GT61 compressor wheel will work nicely. I wouldn't go with any less.

Go for a TE-61, or a TE-62. Good price, fast spoolup, 10s with enough boost, tire shredding fun on the street! :eek:
I have a TE-61 and went to a larger turbine housing (.85) to calm down the violent rush of torque. I have a stock motor, and can easily get a 1.54 60' time. Roll on throttle with street tires will produce plenty of tire spin, even with larger housing.

If you wanna spend the bucks. I bought a BB 65 from cotton and it is amazing. 12 psi pulls as hard as the 51 did at higher boost. Still on stock dp with cutout and restalled D5 and it still spools with an .82 housing.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by trading t/a
If you wanna spend the bucks. I bought a BB 65 from cotton and it is amazing. 12 psi pulls as hard as the 51 did at higher boost. Still on stock dp with cutout and restalled D5 and it still spools with an .82 housing.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
What stall is the convertor for your setup?

I'm running a pat's converter about 2600 or so (on a good day) with the stock dp, gate and an elec. cutout. Went to the track last night and even with an .82 housing on it it still made about 4psi on the line and came into boost very quick. A true 3000(10" or 10.5") would make it a monster....