what would i have to do to run a turbo 400

jadams

i have a pontiac turbo 400 . my trans just went up in my car and i have the 400 just sitting around . just wanted to know what i would have to do to make it work or would a turbo 350 just be easyer

thanks
jason

A 400 is much closer to the correct size. Almost the same as the 200 in overall L. Minor rework required to the rear xmember mount to install it with a generic poly rear mount. Or maybe HR PartsnStuff has a bolt in setup worked out already. Driveshaft needs a TH400 yoke on it and about 1/4" taken out of the length, depending on which yoke you get, etc. I put in a Megashifter ratchet shifter in a pure floor mount install (no console, have bench seat) and like the setup alot with a full manual, rev pattern valve body.

While the trans is out I found it helpful to roll that body seam lip flat that goes around the trans tunnel there. Not needed for clrnc but sure helps with visibity and being able to get a hand and parts through there.

TurboTR

see my brother put the turbo 350 out of my 76 friebird and all he had to do is put a crossmember out of a v8 regal . how much is the kit for the 400 or does anyone have a number so i can call

yea if it the thing i was looking at on there website it like 70 dollars but there out of stock

thanks
jason