What wires can be removed from the wiring harness and still operate

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Can we make a list of wires that can be removed from the factory harness and the car still function. For guys that have removed things like charcoal canister, cruise control, egr, ect.

Good question. I was wondering that myself. Or rather what to do w lock.up wires etc...

the cruise has its own harness that runs through its own firewall grommet under the brake booster
the solenoid /bracket, cable , harness and the brain box above the accelerator pedal can come out and the tee in the vac line needs to be capped or run new to keep the vaccum reservior under fender if you still have an HVAC syttem

the cannister is a short wire just tape it back

you can delete whats not used but you need to determine that based on what your configuration is and so long as you plan to stay that way and not go back , easier just to tape the wires and connectors out of the way

I have numerous wires under the hood that arent being used. Seems some of them might still need to be in the harness. Thought I saw a thread long ago where some wires had to stay. Thinking about cleaning up thevengine bay one day.

I have numerous wires under the hood that arent being used. Seems some of them might still need to be in the harness. Thought I saw a thread long ago where some wires had to stay. Thinking about cleaning up thevengine bay one day.

Wires? What wires? Lol

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397325200.296339.jpg

That is a clean engine. . Where did you get those valve cover breathers? I want the same set up..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That is a clean engine. . Where did you get those valve cover breathers? I want the same set up..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks, champion makes the angle adapters and the breathers I got from our local tracks speed shop.