What wires are u using with the TR6??

This is the coil for the TR6
D599A
2unyqa9u.jpg

I got my wires from Kirbans...will get you some pics this weekend. Patrick and JD saw them over the weekend when I was there...I had Patrick upgrade the TR6 software
Sorry I missed you there Clint !!!
Bryan

Clint I'm out of town but I'll get you a pic of mine tomorrow. I have Shane's blue wires. How do you update the TR6 software?

What's the part # for the 90 degree wires, or application they fit. I just bought a new set of MSD wires for the stock coil. Going to try and swap over the boots and terminals so I don't have to scrap the new wires. TR6 coming sometime this month.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice. I'll pick up a set and the coil tomorrow so I'm ready when the module comes in from Bob. Anxiously waiting

For the money, replace them every year. (those stock wires are not built for the heat) What are the lengths like? Could you use 2 sets and create a better fit?

The GM boots are pretty tall, the ones I use are a bit shorter. Let me know what you have for hood clearance.

Bob

Bob what conclusion can you use to say those wires are not built for heat? When majority of new cars today the thermostat heat ranges around 205 underhood temperature seem to be pretty extreme? Definitely I would recommend buying two sets and using all the shorter wires for a better fit. I have no hood pad clearance issues whatsoever if you look at the relation to the top of the boots versus the gasket to seal the hood..

the heat I'm referring to is the red-hot exhaust plumbing that you are running the wires past. The stock stuff will likely not last as long as the shiny aftermarket
stuff. But I don't have any real *data*, its just an opinion.

Bob

I bought 2 sets to get mine to work out nice with the 90 degree stock GM wires

Attachments

• 1407865054735.jpg
    1407865054735.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 221
yours shipped yesterday

along with all of the other stuff I owed you.

B