What was your FIRST JOB??

At 16 i worked at Gary Concrete, making bridge beams. I passed out 3 time the first day from Heat stroke!

Mowing lawns with my pops in Rancho Bernardo. I'll never forget seeing one of the home owners naked through her sliding glass door. Guess I should have made some noise:D

I washed cars at the local Chevy dealership. When I went to college I delivered pizza's in my 77 Trans Am :eek: Damn, I miss that car.

I was born 3 years earlier....:p

:D I wouldn't give up growing up in the 60's / 70's for nothing. Was a great time to be alive. Was lucky the draft was stopped right when I turned 18 so didn't have to worry about Viet Nam. Dazed and Confused movie was my high school years. I was the guy who was in the car with the girl with the goofy red hair.:smile:

1st job

snow cone place, then at 16 took a job in a nursing home. way too much to see as a kid that age and dealing with death of people you grew attached to sucks big time. i remember the 1st death i told the nurse about it and she told me i had to bath the body before the morgue would come get her. i was like screw that. 16 and making 9.00 an hr in the late 80's was nice but the job really takes a toll on you if you don't know alot. saw alot and never would wish that on anyone who has to be submitted to one due to illness. i've seen alot of things someone my age shouldn't see. including a guy pulling a 30CC catheter outta himself because he didn't want it in. made me cring i can only imagine the pain that man felt but he wasn't all there and was in shock due to it. took him a month to come back. from that time on we put condom catheter on him but i'm sure he was never the same after that. :eek:

I worked at a canvas shop. We made boat covers, awnings, car/boat interiors, etc. I held the role of gopher. I cleaned up, cut material, installed finished covers, etc. Wasn't a bad gig at 17 years old.

at the age of 5-7 I picked prepped and sold Coffee beans, quenepas, gandules, almonds, dug out yams (in one piece or else) and aguacates.

My aunt had a pig farm and a few cows, thank good my dad was into produce.

My first job was on the local nursery farm at 13. They grew Arborvitae, Biotas, etc, in pots and burlap year round. In the summertime they grew hardy mums and in the fall it was field pumpkins and squash. It taught me alot about taking care of and maintaining equipment because the old farmer would never buy anything new....Old Ford 9N's and Massey-Harris 444's.

I worked there all summer and school weekends making $2.50 an hour "under the table". I was able to drive at 16 due to having a "farmer's permit" but it had to be local and with the farm pickup. It was alot of hard work and it taught me the value of the dollar at a young age.

First "job" was working on our familys farm when I was up there... I still do work up there when I have time but mostly hotshot loads of hay for them up into NY. My first "real" job was delivering pizza in the buick lol.. on a weekend doing nights I could make around 300 in tips alone.... I wish I was still doing it :D

First "job" was working on our familys farm when I was up there... I still do work up there when I have time but mostly hotshot loads of hay for them up into NY. My first "real" job was delivering pizza in the buick lol.. on a weekend doing nights I could make around 300 in tips alone.... I wish I was still doing it :D

Thats what I want to do... In my Turbo Car:cool: its good money for a first job. 10 bucks an hour plus tips.

Got a job delivering papers Sunday and Wednesdays when I was in the 3rd grade. I kept that job until I was a freshman in high school at which time I took a job at Burger King. I stayed there for 10 years until I was done with college and married. The good ole days.

What the fahell did you go to college for?!?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thats what I want to do... In my Turbo Car:cool: its good money for a first job. 10 bucks an hour plus tips.

Yea I cant complain for the most part.... Did have a gun pulled on me once while I was doing a delivery, but that was almost a regular occurrence in the lovely neighborhood I grew up in :rolleyes: :biggrin:

First job was at Dutch Wonderland grounds mantiance(pick up trash and clean restrooms)then moved on to ride operator.Sucked but kept gas in the camaro.:biggrin:

Stock room at Roses's department store for a whopping $3.50 an hour.

First paying job was in the 7th grade playing drums for various events. First actual paycheck came from a musical production that paid me $75 for a 3 night showing. Got into a regular garage/bar band my junior year, and was playing bars for decent money. And yeah, the drumset fit in the Buick. Plus the sound board, and a bunch of other sound equipment. I still drum, get a call from people to record once in awhile, I record and write my own stuff. But the real paycheck comes from being a shipping receiving manager. I get to play with the big boy toys (power jacks, high lifts, etc). I also do stereo setups & satellite radio installs once in awhile, for people I know or that get referred by friends. Same thing with minor car repairs during the nicer weather. Never wanted to count on something I really liked to do, to make ends meet. Figured taking something I like to do and depend on it to survive is asking to be burnt out real fast.

I started out selling subscriptions to The Oregonian newspaper. Nothing like door to door sales at 12. :) They've changed the labor laws since then. I moved up to paper delivery. Dang! I worked part time from 12-15, and then full time since I was 15. My how times have changed. I can't get a kid to mow my law anymore. I used to make good money mowing lawns in the summer with a push mower.

Shorting Non-Ferrous Metals at the age of 12 at my father's scrap company in Philadelphia.

Worked door to door sales for the Arizona republic when I was 14 or 15. But got payed all cash, and it was 100% commission.

First real job was a grocery store on the corner. Good times eventually I guess you could say fired, but it was more like job abandonment...I had enough of them!

First job with a paycheck was at a glass shop (residential, commercial & automotive). We also detailed vehicles.

If I never install another windshield as long as I live, I will be a happy camper. LOL!