What turbo?

talstar

What turbo shoud I upgrade to? I am in the process of a rebuild and will be going to a 210/215 roller cam. I want to run on pump gas most of the time. See sig for what I have now.

call Jack(da man)Cotton , he will bend over backwards to help and will be honset ...cottonsperformance.com :)

You are right, I have bought alot from him over the years. What size turbo would get me mid to low 11's on pump gas with my set up?

jack sold me a 61bb, i an shooting for low to mid.11's also,, and after i upgrade to a 3200nlu converter and 42's it looks like both our cars should be about the same, but i'm running alky and 23psi on 93 pump gas, so i would say a 61 or 66 would be what your looking for :) just my o2 and hope it helps Terry ..................... well i just read your sig. real good and i think with alky and more boost i think you should be in the 11's.. watch for knock and tune :)

Last time at track my mph was 111. Didn't run slicks, but I think that would get me close to a high 11 time slip. This was with the 44 turbo and pump gas and no alcky. What turbo would get me another 4-5mph on pump gas?

I don't think you have quite the MPH to run in the 11's yet my friend. with that mph and good hook, you should hit mid to high 12's. How much boost are you running through that TE44?

Hey, nice cam selection.

Just my opinion at this point since Im still breaking in the motor but I would say U would have no problems goin 11.50 -11.80s with that cam and ur existing 44. U might have to turn up the boost to 20 pounds or so but im assuming the heads will be ported when u put the cam in. Just so u know I can feel a big difference in low end power with this combo. Cant wait til Im able to lay into the throttle a lot more. Im running a T63E right now but if I do run into some money I will be buying that 67 everyone is recommending. Also Im gonna try to borrow ;) my buddys brand new ballbearing 66 he got from Jack Cotton, since his car wont be ready anytime soon. I will let u know how that works if I get it.

I went 12.3@108mph with slicks before, so I figure 111mph should be close to a high 11 wouldn't you say?

talstar said:
I went 12.3@108mph with slicks before, so I figure 111mph should be close to a high 11 wouldn't you say?

REALLY? Was that like a 1.2 60ft. time or something? That E.T. is really low for that MPH., but if you have done it, then ok. You must have great 60ft. times.

When I sold my 87 GN 7 years ago the new owner ran 12.3/110 with a stock turbo(P&P by Conley)36lb inj,3 inch DP and exhaust on slicks. I had run 12.34/114 on the same car but with street tires and TE32 turbo with stock DP.

When I went 12.3 it was with stock heads an alky on a cold day. Sixty ft time was 1.6 i think. I ran a 12.6 at 106mph with GN1's and stock turbo on pump gas. Rabbit, I running GN1s so heads should be good. Let me know how the 66 runs.