what turbo

gnfinke

i am a new to gn i have a 86 almost stock what is the best tubo for stock internals what suporting mods will i need what time will it bring i em looking for mid of high 11

TA-49 (stock appearing) or TE-44 (non-stock appearing). You should upgrade your fuel pump and injectors and get an adjustable fp regulator. You also need a scan tool.

I would recommend all the mods in my signature except the converter.... then add the 44..... and you are there....

If you choose not to run an alky kit....(I recommend Razor's)... and go race gas..... just keep in mind it is almost $10/gal at the speed shop now..... like $450 for a drum...... I chose to spend the $500 and install the alky kit from alkycontrol.com I drive mine 105 miles per day to work and back.... get on it whenever I want (boost set at 23#).... and I only consume about 1-1.5 gal per week of methanol.... @ 2.99/gal at my local speed shop.....

Either way..... you gotta have race gas or alky to get to the 11's w/o spending a whole lot more money on everything else to go mid 11's on straight pump gas....

Just my 0.02

Alot to learn

There are 1000 ways to skin a cat you have to decide how you want to do it. Do you want a car that can go to the track, bolt on some slicks & dump in some c16(race gas) and run 11.50(you need a roll cage) or do you want a car that can perform that way all the time? Do yourself a favor and spend some time over at http://www.gnttype.org/resources.html do some reading. I hope this helps you and please don't take this as a dis. As a fellow '86 owner with similar goals I would like to see you get there. I want my car to drive like stock, run on pump gas, with all the comforts that it came with plus my stereo equip., on drag radials, to drive to the track run 11.50, get kicked out(no cage), and drive home.