What Turbo to buy?

I don't know if I will ever buy a Precision Turbo again.
They cost too much to be rebuilt.
The cost to rebuild the 6262 is $50 less than the price of a new Turbo from them.
We live in a disposable world.
However, we are not throwing away our Turbo Buicks, we repair them.
Why should we just buy new Turbos when our old Turbos require repair.
Precision doesn't sell repair parts.
They keep that for themselves.
Are these Turbos really worth the money?
They cannot be repaired at a reasonable cost.
Have we been led to believe that these new Turbos are the greatest thing going?
At this point, I have my doubts.
Have these Turbos been hyped beyond their true value?
I do not have the answers to these questions.

I'd stick with the 6262 or 6266. You wont need to change stall speeds. The stroker engine will raise the stall speed of the current converter from the increase of low end torque.

I'd stick with the 6262 or 6266. You wont need to change stall speeds. The stroker engine will raise the stall speed of the current converter from the increase of low end torque.

someone asked me the number of blades on the converter your provided me. Is it a 17, 18, or 19?

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know if I will ever buy a Precision Turbo again.
They cost too much to be rebuilt.
The cost to rebuild the 6262 is $50 less than the price of a new Turbo from them.
We live in a disposable world.
However, we are not throwing away our Turbo Buicks, we repair them.
Why should we just buy new Turbos when our old Turbos require repair.
Precision doesn't sell repair parts.
They keep that for themselves.
Are these Turbos really worth the money?
They cannot be repaired at a reasonable cost.
Have we been led to believe that these new Turbos are the greatest thing going?
At this point, I have my doubts.
Have these Turbos been hyped beyond their true value?
I do not have the answers to these questions.

Well you do have to factor in the fact that you sent contaminated oil and shrapnel through the unit. You didn't catch it in time and the wheels may need to be replaced. Chopper at limit can't get the wheels yet so Precision is the only choice. You're just a little ticked the $1600 is gone down the drain. I know the feeling. 6266!!!! Go get it!

Well you do have to factor in the fact that you sent contaminated oil and shrapnel through the unit. You didn't catch it in time and the wheels may need to be replaced. Chopper at limit can't get the wheels yet so Precision is the only choice. You're just a little ticked the $1600 is gone down the drain. I know the feeling. 6266!!!! Go get it!

I accept my part of the problem.
If a get a 6266, it will have a Turbo saver and a maybe BOV.

Well that makes up my mind. I have had a TA-53 on this car for over 10 years and still runs great but I have been considering pulling the trigger on a new 6262 ported shroud but $50 less than new for a rebuild is ridiculous. Sounds like this 53 will still see more life.

I have a Pecision front banner on my car a precison front mount on my car .. a precison on the TTA a precision on the parts car and a precison turbo on my dads car i bought an got him to buy a precision stock location ..... never had a problem with procision and no they dont sponsor me!

I have a Pecision front banner on my car a precison front mount on my car .. a precison on the TTA a precision on the parts car and a precison turbo on my dads car i bought an got him to buy a precision stock location ..... never had a problem with procision and no they dont sponsor me!
Procision?

My 6262 went bad.
Need a new Turbo.
Car is running a PTC 2800 stall non-lock up converter, 60 lbs injectors, a 212/206 cam on a Weber stroker engine.
Should I replace the 6262 CEA BB?
Can I go up in to a larger Turbo without changing much?

I'd go with the 6466CEA dbb. You won't be disappointed. It spools perfectly with a stroker and doesn't need a lot of converter either. 2800 stall will be just fine.

toomanymods

are going to Old Town Kissimmee this saturday for the buick car show?

your gn is set up close to my tta same cam only im runing a 70gtq an a tony dequick fronmount
im looking for the imposible 9 sec tta stock sg1 block an moded heads

your gn is set up close to my tta same cam only im runing a 70gtq an a tony dequick fronmount
im looking for the imposible 9 sec tta stock sg1 block an moded heads

If your going with a set of good heads and a strong short block along with a 3,000-3,200 stall converter..you should not have any problems going 9's..but it looks like you already know that ;)