What turbo size

thats a more involved question than you may think. It depends on what you plan to do with the car, and other modifications you plan to make.

If you always plan on 93 octane, then a TE44 turbo is a good match for bluetops. If you run high octane, then bluetops may not be enough, depending on how high you run the boost.

If you add an alcohol injection kit, then it will expand the range of turbos you can run with those injectors.

Tell us more about your plans.

Bob

My plans are for a street driven car but I want it to be respectable on the strip like high 11s low 12s. I plan on only using 93oct and going with an alky kit around tax time. I was thinking the te44 would be good for what I want. What do you think?

sounds like a good plan.

If the valvesprings are original, then you should plan to change them, along with the standard supporting mods like a fuel pump and other "spring cleaning" activities.

Bob

Sounds like you answered my question. I think the valve springs have been upgraded but I was going to redo it to make sure and upgrade to a walboro fuel pump and use the existing hotwire kit.

My plans are for a street driven car but I want it to be respectable on the strip like high 11s low 12s. I plan on only using 93oct and going with an alky kit around tax time. I was thinking the te44 would be good for what I want. What do you think?

Look at some stock turbo threads and its proven you can run your goal easily with a mostly stock car and an alky kit