What turbo for my combo.

Momar

I was curious, what turbo you guys think would go with my combo. I had been thinking about the gt67, but wondered what you guys think. I have run a 13.0 on 93 octane the way it is now. I plan to plumb the powerstroke soon, and then get a new turbo. I also plan to port the stock irons and hopefully get a cam within the next few months, but will probably install the turbo first.

I am looking for something that will support at least low 10s in the long run.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Ben

Hi

Te-45a all the way just purchased one an I too run a 3200 stall.. Do a search o nthis turbo an you will see that many an I mean many have had good luck with it.. The GT-67 is a cheaper turbo an should get you in the 10's though many says its done @ 25 lbs. Yhe Te-45a is good 25 an beyond!!

RUQWKNF27 said:
Te-45a all the way just purchased one an I too run a 3200 stall.. Do a search o nthis turbo an you will see that many an I mean many have had good luck with it.. The GT-67 is a cheaper turbo an should get you in the 10's though many says its done @ 25 lbs. Yhe Te-45a is good 25 an beyond!!

How fast will the Te-45a support? I have considered that one because it seems to be similarly sized. One thing that I have noticed though, is that even though people do say that the gt67 is only good to 25 lbs, it seems to make a lot of power at that boost. I remember seeing one guy on the boards that ran I think a 10.01 w/ 27 lbs of boost, and a few others in the 10's w/ less boost. Will the 45a actually support more power/better times, or just need more boost to do it?

Oh, and you said you just purchased one? Is it on the car? How is spool up? I know that the gt67 is supposed to spool real fast for its size, and do real good w/ a 3200 stall.

Ben

Ok

It son the car now an the spool is good not really getting on it a lot since the motor just has 300 mi on the rebuild but had it up to 15 lbs an spooling was not a problem, I also have a RJC boost valve to put on here shortly an I know it will spool like mad then. As i remember the 45a is good for like 775-800 HP. The main reason I bough it was the reputation it has for doing what I want without a problem an thats mid 10's an yes this turbo will do a lot more. The guy who you say went low 10's on a 67 probaly had GN1's an a FAST to do that. Also the 45a is a big shaft turbo so its stronger.. I want need more then 22-25 lbs to run what I want so that leaves some leeway with this turbo to go faster where with the 67 I think I would be maxed out.

I looked up the guy, and it appears that he actually had ported irons, and was running a MER setup.

The reason I am so concerned about spool is because this car sees a lot of street use, and every time I have seen someone suggest a stall for the 45a, it has been around 3600 or so.

Momar said:
I looked up the guy, and it appears that he actually had ported irons, and was running a MER setup.

The reason I am so concerned about spool is because this car sees a lot of street use, and every time I have seen someone suggest a stall for the 45a, it has been around 3600 or so.

67- P Trim would be my sugguestion.

Just My .02 :)

Joe