What to Grill for July 4

xtremexnyc

Hello All,

Going to do your usual burgers, steaks, hot dogs, ribs. How about some ideas on what else to grill or some recipes would be great. Wanted to get some ideas early. :cool:

throw on some ham hocks, hambone, ribs, potatoes, some corn, some chicken, chitlins, you name it... cook it thats the name of the game (in my family)

grilled lemon pepper chicken strips for the kids and breast for the adults.

Throw some bbq sauce on some shrimp on the sticks

spicy deer sausage is always good too.

How about some left over Venison back straps , venison burgers, venison suasaagge.. Yeah i got a freezer full of it..

How bout marinated Saleen and Roush Mustang, and a nice roasted Z-06 Vette.:tongue:

Now serious, I am probably going do a nice grilled chicken and steak medley. I start with cutting veggies up and putting in foil pouches. I make several pouches with different combos because no one ever likes the same things. Broccoli, carrots,onion, fresh mushrooms,and peppers. Add some olive oil and seasonings to each pouch and close up. Throw them on ahead of your meat if you like them soft or just after if you like them crunchy. I do both. Add your chicken and steak to the grill and cook as you like. When done, cut up the steak and chicken into 1/4 wide strips and lay on plates and open foil bags and pour veggies onto the meat or off to the side. The veggies add a mixed flavor you only get when all cooked together. My daughter likes to top it with ranch dressing as most kids do, but I like just a little salt and pepper or grilling seasoning. Add some grilled potatoes (potatoes cut in half, longways, with the skins on. They get like baked potatoes, but the skin gets a little charred and really adds a nice flavor) and your finished.

:biggrin:

Did some Salmon and Lamb Chops. Get some Mcormick montreal grill seasoning from the super market for the lamb chops. Get some blackened seasoning for the salmon. It was awesome.

To go along with all the great grilling ideas, king crab legs boiled in a turkey fryer with a couple cans of Bud and lemon halves added to the water can produce some smiles and make a good 4th party a great 4th party.

How about some left over Venison back straps , venison burgers, venison suasage.. Yeah i got a freezer full of it..

Now you're talking. On Saturday I'll be cooking some deer just like I did for Christmas for the people I work with. Mostly shoulder with some back strap. Smoke for 2 hours. Put in a pan with 1 very large diced purple onion, 2 diced red peppers, 3 LBS of uncooked bacon scraps, 2 packages of hot links with jalapenoes and cheese, and a handfull of course ground black pepper. Cook covered for 6 hours and warm when ready to serve.:biggrin: There was very little left for me to take home and I have 5 co-workers.:biggrin:

I did ribs, chicken, beef roast, ect last year so if you want a look do a search for "what you cooking on the forth". Yes I missed speeled it.:biggrin: LOL

Darn it all Charlie....I have venison envy.

Dig a hole in the back yard, light it up with some hickory over medium sized stones, let it burn down.

Take a roast of whatever, well seasoned, wrap in foil twice, throw it in, chuck some more stones on top, cover it with dirt, get to drinkin, when you wake up, uncover it, unwrap the foil and get a fork.

Probably going to do some lamb and chicken. Going for a Mediterranean theme.

Indirect roasted bone in lamb chop and a fennel stuffed roaster chicken. Most likely going to serve it with some marinated olives, fresh mozzarella cheese, fat roma tomatoes and basil, home made grilled bread and some nice tart olive oil.

I started the dough last night for the bread. Going to get a nice bottle of Sangiovese and kick back. Chase that with some PBR and I'm good.

Chicken- make palm sized boneless filets,

Marinade in Frank's or similar buffalo wing sauce overnight.
Grill.
Place on bun.
Apply ranch dressing.
Add tomato or onion as desired.
Enjoy.

I have some brisket marinating getting ready to go in the smoker and some turkeys will go in with about 5 hours left. Check out Cookin' With Roscoe - For Guys Who Like to Cook Roscoe is a buddy of mine with interesting thoughts on food for guys that like to cook.

Brisket Recipie:

10 lb. brisket, packer trim

Marinade
½ cup orange juice
½ cup coke
1-½ tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1-½ tbsp. cinnamon
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

Place the brisket and marinade in a pan and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Remove the brisket from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.

Rub
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1 tbsp. chili powder
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

While the brisket is coming to room temperature, apply rub. Smoke-cook at 225 degrees F for 12 hours with ½ hickory and ½ oak wood. Turn smoker temperature control to 150 degrees F.

Finishing Sauce Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 c. honey
1/8 c. orange juice
1/8 c. ketchup

Remove the brisket from the smoker and place on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the brisket. Pour finishing sauce over the brisket. Wrap securely.

Place in smoker for 1 hour at 150 degrees F.
Remove brisket from smoker and open the foil to let steam escape. Let rest for 20 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Baste and serve with accumulated juices.

Mike

Darn it all Charlie....I have venison envy.

You knew I was going to do it again Dan. You and the family are welcome to come down if you want and set off some fireworks.:cool: With all the rain I doubt it will be a problem now.:biggrin:

I have some brisket marinating getting ready to go in the smoker and some turkeys will go in with about 5 hours left. Check out Cookin' With Roscoe - For Guys Who Like to Cook Roscoe is a buddy of mine with interesting thoughts on food for guys that like to cook.

Brisket Recipie:

10 lb. brisket, packer trim

Marinade
½ cup orange juice
½ cup coke
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1-½ tbsp. cinnamon
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

Place the brisket and marinade in a pan and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Remove the brisket from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.

Rub
1-½ tbsp. celery salt
1 tbsp. chili powder
1-½ tbsp. sea salt
1-½ tbsp. garlic pepper
1-½ tbsp. oregano

While the brisket is coming to room temperature, apply rub. Smoke-cook at 225 degrees F for 12 hours with ½ hickory and ½ oak wood. Turn smoker temperature control to 150 degrees F.

Finishing Sauce Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 c. honey
1/8 c. orange juice
1/8 c. ketchup

Remove the brisket from the smoker and place on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the brisket. Pour finishing sauce over the brisket. Wrap securely.

Place in smoker for 1 hour at 150 degrees F.
Remove brisket from smoker and open the foil to let steam escape. Let rest for 20 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Baste and serve with accumulated juices.

Mike

I think I'm gonna have to try this later Mike. It sounds yummy.:cool: