What to do with Heated O2 sensor?

anadaron

Ok well i have an 87 T-type and am installing MAft-Pro and a LM1 Wide Band O2 sensor setup. I am also removing the EGR system from my car.

Now i have a heated O2 sensor in the car and the plugs go into the same set of wires as the EGR solenoid does. My questions are as follows:

1) What do these three wires do for the heated O2 sensor?

2) Do i need to even have the heated o2 sensor in the car if i am going to be running the MAft-Pro and Wideband setup?

3) If i need to keep it and depending on what the three wires going to the EGR harness do, can i relocate those wires to somewhere else on the eletrical system to shorten the length of the harness?

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Hi,
I think I got you right. In the first place,the three wire sensors are pretty simple; wires one and two, usually white, are the heater circuit, polarity is inconsequential,although the engineers like to keep it left and right, hot and ground. The third wire, of course, is the O2 signal wire. Three wire sensors, by their nature,require that the ecm has an auxilary ground, which is usually in a place like at the back of the head,not necessarily so,though.
I think a heated sensor is probably a mandate if you are going with a FAST system, but I don't know a lot about those.These sensors approach op temp in a matter of seconds, and can produce useable info accordingly.
Finally,I think eliminating the EGR is a lot of work for minimal gain. However,you can eliminate that portion of the harness,certainly. That would take most of the left side stuff out of the picture.Your call on that one...

perhaps...

Ok well i have an 87 T-type and am installing MAft-Pro and a LM1 Wide Band O2 sensor setup. I am also removing the EGR system from my car.

Now i have a heated O2 sensor in the car and the plugs go into the same set of wires as the EGR solenoid does. My questions are as follows:

1) What do these three wires do for the heated O2 sensor?

2) Do i need to even have the heated o2 sensor in the car if i am going to be running the MAft-Pro and Wideband setup?

3) If i need to keep it and depending on what the three wires going to the EGR harness do, can i relocate those wires to somewhere else on the eletrical system to shorten the length of the harness?

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

use the NB output on the WB controller, to feed a signal to the ECM. The LM-1 already has the heater circuit in it's system, so removing your heated harness would not affect the LM..
Right? wrong?

I like that answer. I would love to be able to do away with it completely. Trying to clean everything up and unclutter under the hood.

Cananyone verify this is possible?

I have a bung to put in the stock location as my wideband is being located 12 inches from the turbo in the dowpipe at about a 10 o'clock position. :D

You won't need the heated sensor. The WBO2 has everything you will need. Remove the heated sensor and harness, put a plug in the hole (or just leave the sensor in). I believe it's 18mm threads.

thanks for the info. It shouldn;t throw a code as the ECM will get its readings from the Wideband. Which wire on my LM1 wideband should i use and which wire do i splice into on the ecm.

Also installing a Maft-Pro if it helps.

The narrow band sensor is not needed if you use the PRO mafless system AND the WBO2. Here is the plug-and-play answer to it:

Caspers MAFT PRO Plug and Play Adapter

The MAFT PRO comes with instructions on how to fit the WBO2 system into the wiring. The adapter makes short work of it.

Thats what i thought thank you for the prompt replies.

Gonna have a heated o2 sensor and harness for sale now :D