What to check after removing pan to fix leak

PaulRV6

I removed the pan to replace the pan gasket. I would like to know if there are things I can check or replace with the pan down and the car jacked up.
I mentioned in another thread about 2-3 shift problem intermittent but not sure it is something to worry about (but I will await the replies).

I assumed it was the pan gasket since after a few 1/4 mile blasts and driving home I had trans fluid all around the pan/gasket joint and spotted on the under carrage.
Before putting a new gasket what else should be checked? Should I be able to move each of the clutch discs axially about 1/4" with my fingers? Just noticed that. Thanks folks.

paul

I thought I would reply to myself since no one else is.

C'mon guys, with all this expertise on board I thought it would be an easy question to reply. Unless of course it is too general and is not a good question to begin with.

Nothing???

How about my ealer question about 2-3 shift point?

Thanks

paul

Tranny checks

I too would like to know about that clutch pack play. Mine is about 3/16" if you are referring to the pack on the drivers side of the tranny and just in front of the solenoid plug in. Not a tranny expert, but I like these trans pretty much stock. Shift Kit maybe. But check some of the other posts and try to find a guru that might help you. :confused: