What Stage Parts are you sitting on?

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
I want to know what Stage Parts you guys have hidden in the corners of your garage. Let's hear what you got!!:D You know....the parts that aren't for sale.;)

I don't think you'll get too many guys willing to divulge what they've got in their stash. Suffice it to say most guys that run Stage II motors have spares. What you'll also find is that there are quite a few guys that plan on building a Stage motor "one day" that have parts sitting around which they may or may not use. The last group are the guys that can't pass up a good deal that usually just hoard parts and don't do anything with them. I know of at least 2 guys in my area that fit that description. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Neal

I have some things and just wondered if there were guys like me sitting on some cool stuff. It has becoming harder to find good used parts. I have to admit I am a collector of stage items. Why? Heck if I know. My engine is a 109!:D I will build a Stage Engine in the future. I have collected parts for 7 years. I finally got a few items I was on the search for. Took years!! Stage guys have lots of secrets!!:D:D

I only keep important secrets.
Two never used, no initial bore yet, Stage II on-center blocks.
Never used Stage timing cover.
A couple of Stage II carb manifolds.
Never used BMS stroker crank.
Used drysump oil pan. Steel sheetmetal fabrication.
Never used set of Stage II square port Indy heads.
Never used, not ported yet, Stage II rectangular port heads.
A pair of street ported Stage II rectangular port heads.
A pair of used and max ported Stage II rectangular port heads currently being fitted to my de-stroked engine. Ported by Chapman.
Never used set of T&D rocker assemblies currectly being fitted to my de-stroked engine.
Never used Comp Cams Stage II mechanical roller cam. Good street grind.
Never used set of Comp Cams roller lifters and tie-bars. Some with and some without offset.
A partially modified Stage II Edelbrock Tunnel Ram manifold. For off-center block.

I think there is plenty of stuff out there. You just need to hunt around a bit. I see more of it coming to the surface lately. It might just be the economy. I've discussed with other guys that used Busch type motors (ie: high compression aspirated motors) seem to be coming up. I believe this is because all the chassis they originally went into are obsolete these days. Then you have guys bailing out to go LSX. There is enough to go around.

Neal

I only have 1 Stage 2 off center.. Bought it from a friend for a customer in 2000.. Customer ended up bailing out and I bought the car and the motor. Was complete till I got in a sellin mood.. Sold the headers, Hogan intake, 76, 72, and a 70 turbo's I got with it, valve covers (now I see that I do NEED them :oops:), and a Fast system. Russ freshed it up a year or to ago.. Don't know what it is goin to end up in.. IF we don't use it soon it will prob be sold. 109s have been good enuff for me and I still have prob 5/8 of them in the basement. YES I AM A HOARDER :p
TTA#1.JPG

I have the intake and it is for sale, for a cheap price since I won;t be going back top production heads for a long.time

What are the secrets? Oh wait, if you tell us then they won't be secret anymore. ;)

Neal
I don't have many secrets. Only a few. I'm pretty much open about everything else, in hopes of encouraging others in some strange, perferted way.

...Then you have guys bailing out to go LSX...

Not me. I decided to keep my stuff and forged ahead to build as bulletproof of a buick v6 as possible.

In the two years since I started my project I've had a little of everything. Most of it I have sold and replaced with new parts in the dramatic, never ending, snowballing pursuit of power. :)

The only "bms stage 2" parts I'm sitting on is my block and a front cover. The stage two cover is for sale and the block is going together with all new internals.

I don't have many secrets. Only a few. I'm pretty much open about everything else, in hopes of encouraging others in some strange, perferted way.

Things like cam timing?;)

Not me. I decided to keep my stuff and forged ahead to build as bulletproof of a buick v6 as possible.

In the two years since I started my project I've had a little of everything. Most of it I have sold and replaced with new parts in the dramatic, never ending, snowballing pursuit of power. :)

The only "bms stage 2" parts I'm sitting on is my block and a front cover. The stage two cover is for sale and the block is going together with all new internals.

Mike,

I'm glad to see you've come to your senses. This is the best news I've heard in a while. Two thumbs up!:)

Neal

I only have 1 Stage 2 off center.. Bought it from a friend for a customer in 2000.. Customer ended up bailing out and I bought the car and the motor. Was complete till I got in a sellin mood.. Sold the headers, Hogan intake, 76, 72, and a 70 turbo's I got with it, valve covers (now I see that I do NEED them :oops:), and a Fast system. Russ freshed it up a year or to ago.. Don't know what it is goin to end up in.. IF we don't use it soon it will prob be sold. 109s have been good enuff for me and I still have prob 5/8 of them in the basement. YES I AM A HOARDER :p View attachment 162640

Yup same here a complete motor, a few intakes and valve covers and 2.5 complete 109s

The only secrets I've been sworn to keep are my wifes real age and her weight. ;) I'll give you my cam specs I don't care. They're actually Tim Cole's cam specs since he's much smarter than me when it comes to that stuff.

Neal

Please post cam specs, and peak rpm hp . Thanks,

I'm sitting on a 276ci stage 2 with gn1r heads and custom cam:)

I'm sitting on Neal's old off center block because I can't get anybody to come over to the house and pick it up.. and maybe a few other things. :)

I want to know what Stage Parts you guys have hidden in the corners of your garage. Let's hear what you got!!:D You know....the parts that aren't for sale.;)

I guess the key word is NOT for sale!

All these were bought used and some needs repair like the heads and so forth!
Four complete Stage II motors, one On center and three Off center, two with stage II heads and two with production style heads . Two of them are at the machine shop getting assembled. All are intake to oil pan.

Five bare blocks, three On center and two off center.

Six steels Cranks....3.40 stroke to 3.625... BMS to Bryant.
Several sets of Rods, Off and On center, mainly Carrillo

Several sets of Stage II heads
Several Stage II oil pans, stage II Front covers, gear drives, Intakes and Pistons.

Three stage Dry sump oil pump
One single stage oil pump

Several neutral balanced fly wheels and balancers
Few sheet metal intakes

And bunch of misc stage II items like lifters, cams, custom Stage II headers including the one from Conley's Tweaked and so on!
Prasad