what size drag radials??

Getsidewayz04

wnna get some nice sticky drag radials for my car. the wheels I have are currently 15x8 and my car is mostly street driven. would 275 width fit on my rims?? what tire size would be best for my combo?? thanks alot.

wnna get some nice sticky drag radials for my car. the wheels I have are currently 15x8 and my car is mostly street driven. would 275 width fit on my rims?? what tire size would be best for my combo?? thanks alot.

275s will work with a 15x8 rim. You can either run a 275/60 or 275/50, depending on how tall you want the tire. M/T drag radials seem to be the favorite tires on TBs.

I would go with some M&H's 275-60R-15's as they fill up the wheel opening nicely and have good traction...
Claude :smile:

I like the 275/60 M/T's. I cut a 1.500 60' the other night with a bone stock susp. with only an air bag and a removed front sway bar. They did not spin a bit on the 1.500 pass so I lauched harder the next pass and twisted an axle in half!:redface:

tire psi

I like the 275/60 M/T's. I cut a 1.500 60' the other night with a bone stock susp. with only an air bag and a removed front sway bar. They did not spin a bit on the 1.500 pass so I lauched harder the next pass and twisted an axle in half!:redface:

what tire psi do you run?

I was running 21 psi. That's where I started was planning to lower the tire pressure until I got the best bite but it worked there so that's where I left them. I always want to run the most pressure I can and still hook so the car will have the lowest rolling resistance. Its a lot easier to push a car on tires with air in them than one with half flat tires.

thanks for the replies, but im still not sure if i should get the 275/50's or the 275/60's?? is their an avdantage with one over the other? also what do you think of the nitto drag radials?? discount tire had them for 127 a tire or somthing like that, seemd like a good price. also how do the M&H parform?? ive never heard of those. thanks

Simple- 275/50= 26" tall tire
275/60s = 28" tall tire- slight advantage on the top en dof the track (more MPH)

Nittos are decent, but too hard for my liking. Just go with the M/Ts and you'll never second guess yourself! In my area, the 275/60s run about 160 each.

I'll eat the $40 for the increase in traction.

Mickey Thompsons

ET Street Radial 26"x11.50"R 15 " . Basically an ET Street (DR) with directional grooves on the edge, soft compound. Gotta run at least a 7.5'-9" rim.;) ;) ;)