What should i add next???

turbo1962

Here is what i have 87GN
Just installed last two weeks, TA49 turbo,Alky injection, RCJ racing plate, 3"down pipe with dump and 2.5 dual exhaust, BGC 23 row, cold air intake under drive pullys, 42.5 injectors, turbo tweek chip, other little stuff rear sway bar on the way.. NOW IF YOU WERE GOING TO SPEND 500.00 ON SOMETHING ELSE, TO MAKE IT FASTER WHAT WOULD IT BE????? HAVENT BEEN TO TRACK YET.:confused:

M/T drag slicks. What chip are you running? I would recommend getting to the track and start tunning. You might be surprised what the car will do.

Turbo Tweak

I have a turbo tweak chip 23psi -25psi i have ET Streets 10.5 on drag lites. right now on scan tool 860 no knock at 23psi have dial on 6 on alky. I really do not know what i am looking for on scan tool.

Valve Springs,2800 Convertor,scanmaster, And Take Off The Rjc Choke Plate, Mark My Words Make A Pass With It On & And Then Take It Off U Will Gain A Min Of .2 Tenths
Tested On 2 Diff Cars A Stock One No Diff My 10.80 Car Gain .3 Tenths
Video To Come Soon !!!!!!

Valve Springs,2800 Convertor,scanmaster, And Take Off The Rjc Choke Plate, Mark My Words Make A Pass With It On & And Then Take It Off U Will Gain A Min Of .2 Tenths

That may be but the real point of the plate is to aid in preventing detonation because under hard acceleration all the intake air is slammed to the back of the plenum and the rear cylinders end up running leaner than the rest. So if your car is prone to detonating like some are, you'd gladly lose .2 in order to save your motor.

My car continued to detonate even after fuel system upgrades, different computer chips, etc, and the power plate did indeed reduce detonation by evening out the airflow leaving the plenum.

Anyways with $500 left to spend I would agree with drag radials but you say you have them already so my next vote would probably be a better torque converter and if you come across any extra money I would get the trans built-up with stronger parts because you don't want a stock trans bolted up behind a beast engine so don't ignore the trans when it comes to spending money.

$500.00 to spend

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I will start with boxing control arms.And when the trans starts acting up i will up grade. It just doesnt fill like it will run low 12s.:confused:

If your O2s are at 860 @ WOT, your running way rich and your not making good power.
790 O2 range @ WOT is where you should be.

I'd take it to the track, log some runs, attempt to tune it, and make sure all is up to par.

Powerlogger should be on the top of the list. Get a LC-1 so you can see whats really going on with the a/f. there's your 500 bucks and im sure it will make the car faster :)

I'd take it to a reputable tuner and get her dialed in with a dyno tune and xfi. After spending mucho $$, I learned to get what you have tuned perfectly before spending more. Just my experiences. $500 in my pocket and I'd be driving to Bill Anderson's shop.

Hey Bill, been looking for you here, just forgot what your screen name was :smile:

Lets all give Bill some applause for getting into his first "race" with the new setup, he called me the other day on the phone and i knew he was grinning ear to ear on the other side of the phone.

First race from a 20MPH roll was against a Kenne Bell supercharged 1989-1990 mustang. Bill told me that even though the mustang jumped him, the GNs real radial tires were blazing thru second gear, and he still pulled the mustang:biggrin:

Not too bad for a rookie...

Here you go Bill, if you take some new tires and get the suspension done, we can tweak and tune it at the track this day.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/mid-west-area/227750-fall-midwest-shootout-info.html

Oh, and call Eric or visit his website and ask if the chip is set to lock the convertor at WOT, or do the switch like i said.

Take it easy:biggrin:

BW

if you running alky i would not take the plate off because your rear cylinders will be getting most of the alky

I have a turbo tweak chip 23psi -25psi i have ET Streets 10.5 on drag lites. right now on scan tool 860 no knock at 23psi have dial on 6 on alky. I really do not know what i am looking for on scan tool.

i got the same setup except for dutt neck i had to run my timing at 28/25 with 10 percent of fuel out of 1st gear to get my 02's to 790 at 27 psi of boost WITH KNOB ON 7.5 . BIG DIFFERENCE IN POWER:biggrin:

i got the same setup except for dutt neck i had to run my timing at 28/25 with 10 percent of fuel out of 1st gear to get my 02's to 790 at 27 psi of boost WITH KNOB ON 7.5 . BIG DIFFERENCE IN POWER:biggrin:

When did you hit the track again? Nice new times Brian :biggrin:

BW