What Shifter Do I Go With???

nash421

Hey fellas, I am looking for some input. I am ordering a stage 2 transmission from Lonnie with a transbrake which I have never used before. ( always had stick cars ). So my question is what shifter to go with and if a new shifter is necessarily needed. I like the stock look but I also want the best performance out of my car. It is a street car driven @ track occasionally but raced a lot. Any and all input is appreciated. If any 1 could post pics of theres with overlay and all installed also that be great. Thanks!

If it is a stage rite, the stocker with a modded gate is the best choice..

My pro stick!! Tr customs overlay.

Attachments

• 1418768903325.jpg
    1418768903325.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 221
Yes but bought a 350th right after I got to get another overlay. Now I need a 3 speed one.

image.jpg
image.jpg
I ran a regular prostick for years. A few months ago I threw this version of the prostick in. Much happier with the look and feel of it

Quick silver shifter

From a friends car, he had to make some mods to make it work but it looks good.

shifter.jpg

Tim, I like that a lot. Did you go with reverse valve body? Also that looks like a tight fit in park was any modifications needed? I love that grip, this is the one i was thinking about

Attachments

• images.ashx.jpeg
    images.ashx.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 63
Tim, I like that a lot. Did you go with reverse valve body? Also that looks like a tight fit in park was any modifications needed? I love that grip, this is the one i was thinking about
I use that shifter in my car...
DSC00441.jpg
DSC00442.jpg

Looks good, I just wish it was just the shifter and not the full enclosure. How do you like it? how does it perform?

Looks good, I just wish it was just the shifter and not the full enclosure. How do you like it? how does it perform?
Its a very solid shifter. I built it so it used the carbon fiber cover, if you wanted to lower it...it could be done. It is a lot of work to get an aftermarket shifter in one of these cars and keep the factory console plate. I did not care for the factory plate, so I cut mine first plate out of clear acrylic ( painted the backside black in the pics) and the new plate is carbon fiber ( no pics of it yet.)

Its a very solid shifter. I built it so it used the carbon fiber cover, if you wanted to lower it...it could be done. It is a lot of work to get an aftermarket shifter in one of these cars and keep the factory console plate. I did not care for the factory plate, so I cut mine first plate out of clear acrylic ( painted the backside black in the pics) and the new plate is carbon fiber ( no pics of it yet.)
Yep PITA!! Cut fit cut fit raise up down up down.