What parts do I need?

TurboGN86

Ok guys I have an 87 WE4, Im going to start running 100% e-85. Im tearing it down in afew weeks and im trying to figure out what i need to do, what guages to buy, what cam, how big of fuel lines, what FP. etc. i just want a nice streetable set up.

I have the basics:
Scanmaster
Boost guage
Oil pressure
Water temp
Air/Fuel ratio guage (not installed yet) with some laptop program

engine mods are:
TE-44
3"dp
3" single shot
60# injectors
right now i have a 93 octane TT chip but i will send it back once i figure out what cam i will run and get it for e-85
FP needs replacing so im looking to see what everyone goes too.

Also where to get parts from would be nice too.

Thanks,
Jeremy

e85 is a fabulous fuel with great potential for making power but I cant imagine running it on anyones pre-programmed "chip" is a great idea since e85 is a marketing name for a series of fuels that can range between 70-85% ethanol and between 105-112 octane - you need to be able to adjust to keep proper AFR's with a boosted application especially.

I am not a GN guy but what are your options to be able to actually tune it instead of hoping someones chip is set up conservative enough to not be too rich ,too lean , too aggressive with boost or timing to compensate for the potential swings in fuel stoichiometry and octane rating ?

in short you want control IMO

e85 know it all

If you are not a GN guy,[murphinator] then how about a response to the mans question, not some negative BS about the fuel. There are a lot of GNs running on E85, and people such as erik at TURBOTWEAK who can progam a dam good chip!

If you are not a GN guy,[murphinator] then how about a response to the mans question, not some negative BS about the fuel. There are a lot of GNs running on E85, and people such as erik at TURBOTWEAK who can progam a dam good chip!

read my posts in this section and re read what I wrote it is not negative towards e 85 nor am I , I fully support the fuel.

I am sure Eric is very good at what he does , many people on the board run his chips and I apologize if I came off as questioning him personally - didnt intend to do that I know from being on here he is very reputable.

but educate me further on chips for e85 , can any chip take into account the swings in stoich from 70-85% e ? or do GN guys running e85 make their own tuning adjustments for the seasons ?

the newer 3800's I am familiar with you can change stoich in the tune for whatever fuel you choose to put in it or when you see fuel trims heading away from "0" - 2 minute job , I guess I was only thinking out loud that in my platform a canned tune is not something I would do with E85 , I know you guys have been making these cars perform for a long time and maybe your chips are way more capable to compensate for stoich changes than I am imagining

sorry if I jacked your thread to the original poster I was only trying to look out for you

You could use a TT 6.0 chip with wb controlled target WOT a/f ratio.

You could use a TT 6.0 chip with wb controlled target WOT a/f ratio.

ahh , I see the light said the blind man:eek:

so you guys can get it set up to self correct with a wide band , some type of auto tune , didnt know that very cool indeed. Thanks Pronto , I will go lick my wounds now lol:p

I am here to learn too so its all good , sorry if I jumped your blood pressure this morning huckleberry - I spend a fair aount of time on here to gain boosted knowledge as well as on modular mustangs , here and there seem to be the two places that are beyond if e85 is good and onto how to make power with it , many guys there ditching IC's because the e85/e98 does so much cooling for them. I will own a gn someday and when do I hope to have a clue. E85 has me thinking score a good deal on a hot air and e85 it;)

The chip allows you to set a target a/f ratio that is monitored by the wb. It's pretty accurate too. There are other parameters that car controllable with the chip too. Not completely tuneable but it does get the job done. The next up would the SD (speed density) chip that allows you to dump the MAF. It has many adjustable parameters too. All of Eric's chips are set by him to the specs you give when you order. They are very, very close!

you would need 30% bigger injectors-80s to equal a power equal to 60s, a chip set up for e 85, larger fuel pump than a walbro-like a denso or bosch 44.thats the set up im using.

anybody will tell u that ur combo with 60's won't last long either..I personal went thru 3 motors acting CHEAP..NOW IM THERE!!!! FEED HER FUEL #1 RULE!!!

well im getting a bit of break up at 15#s right now, so im waiting to finish installing my wide band b4 i jump on it again. the smoking i had stopped. i guess it was just cleaning my system out. do i need a bigger fuel filter. im just using a stock replacement at the moment. idk what it flows. also i need a FP i think mines taking a **** on me.

you will max those 60s out quick since you need a new pump any way I would look in to the 044 or the new pump thats been talked about the last few days. A walbro will only carry 80s to aroud 75% and will max the 60s out to 100% if you keep the 60s and get a new walbro you can get low 12s and dip in to the high 11s but thats about it, Unless you are running Alky then you may be able to get mid 11s from the 60s. For fuel lines its going to depend on your pump the feed line can take a lot its the return line that gets you.I just posted a thread on hose for fuel lines but no one has responded back so Im still looking for that. I will most likly use 3/8 stainless hard line for a return and 1/2 if I can find it for the feed if not may use 3/8 for both im sure a 3/8 feed line with out the factory restrictions would be enough up to 80s.

whats yalls take on the double pumper system? what pumps do u use etc. i keep hearing e85 messes up some pumps, y?

depending on your goal aeromotive is making a new pump that is a stock replacement style and flows more the the walbro 340. I would look into that first.

for 60s or 80s I would use the new DeatschWerks DW300 coming out they say its made for e-85 and 3 year no fualt warrnty looks like the one to use. May not put out as much as the aeromotive but that 3 year warrnty it makes up for it.

for 60s or 80s I would use the new DeatschWerks DW300 coming out they say its made for e-85 and 3 year no fualt warrnty looks like the one to use. May not put out as much as the aeromotive but that 3 year warrnty it makes up for it.

this is tru about to warranty but who sells it?