What is this...???

JD_GNX

Because I said so...
I have a black plastic seperator that was found laying at the bottom of the passenger's side of the radiator core support. BTW, the car is an '87 GN. We replaced the radiator and it looks to be some sort of clip-on seperator for the tranny cooler lines. It has 2 cavaties that are the diameter of the tranny cooler lines and a larger diameter opening opposite from them. Any ideas what it is and where it goes? Thanks...

It protects the side of the radiator where the two short steel trans cooler lines wrap around the side of the radiator.

It protects the side of the radiator where the two short steel trans cooler lines wrap around the side of the radiator.

Yes, that is a seperate rubber cushion sandwiched between the lines and the radiator side. Two slots molded into the cushion seperate the two hard lines. The one that I was referring to is black plastic and has two clips for the transmission lines and a larger one for the oil cooler hose, it seems. JD

Here ya go JD. I know the picture kinda sux, the clip is in the center of the pic. And it's not correctly attached to the tranny lines but......

Attachments

• 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 135
Here ya go JD. I know the picture kinda sux, the clip is in the center of the pic. And it's not correctly attached to the tranny lines but......

Thanks TurboDave!!! In actuality, the picture is perfect and clarifies the valuable info that others have posted!!! Thank you!!! JD