What is this connector for?

dyermullet

Sorry about the bad picture. It is a single terminal connector that run down below the wiper motor.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
I just went out in the garage and looked I don't have anything connected to the hood light. This wire is just barely too short and has the wrong connector to attach to the hood light. Can someone take a picture and post it? I know I used to have the hood light wired it has been 4 years since I worked on this car and i can't remember what I did. I don't know why i would have unwired it.

does it have power to it at all times or when the key is on?

could it have something to do with the PM brake unit that i see you no longer have in the car?

I don't remember it being part of the power master, but I removed the PM so long ago I don't remember. I had nicely taped up the PM connectors, and this is not taped up. I have the column out right now so i can't check the key on key off.

I can remember neatly placing this wire under the tab above the brake booster but don't remember where it went.

I would post a pic but car in the shop getting a fuel pump this week. Black wire with orange stripe is for the hood lamp. I'm 100% sure on it.

I don't think that plug has anything to do with the power master...Are you sure it's not the hood light you may have to remove the hood light from the hood and try to plug it in to know for sure...

I don't think that plug has anything to do with the power master...Are you sure it's not the hood light you may have to remove the hood light from the hood and try to plug it in to know for sure...
Should be a female connector hanging off the lamp it plugs in to.

See that is what I don't have, maybe I am missing that part.
The lamp assembly is mounted to the lip of the hood. There should be 2 tapped holes. Uses the same bulb as trunk light. Same part across many rwd Buicks/Olds/Chevy in that era.

Yep that is it. I am missing the female connector. Now that I see that picture I have a vague recollection of that breaking. Now I have to find what I did with the connector.

Thanks for the help everyone.