What is the OLDEST car you have drove in?

Little6pack

Neighbors 1948 Chevy street rod.
Boy it rides nice for being a tank.

We went out for coffee today and this HOT 20 year old pulls in to the dunkin donuts 2 spaces away and starts asking him if she can take photos of it. :eek:

A friend of mine's 1955 Chevy "210" 4dr sedan with an inline 6 cyl. and manual trans...Got a lot of "thumbs up"...

Claude. :smile:

My old boss had a model A ford.I forget the year but he had to use the crank to start it.
I think it was a 1906.
Pretty cool to ride in it and see everyone stare.

My brothers Model A Ferd 1931.

In the rumble seat.

No top, roof, glass.... :biggrin:

A friend had a 1912 Chevrolet. It had a crank start, and an oil can on the firewall to oil the rocker arms when they started to make noise.

1964 Impala. I just got my license, was used to driving my mom's '96 Cutlass, and my '79 Cutlass. I jumped in that '64 with manual drums and bias plys and hit the highway. What an eye opener.:eek:

Learned to drive a manual in my Dads '53 Chevy inline 6 w/ a 3 on the tree:eek: Oldest "stock" car was a '31 model A. Dad has a few other Street rods, one is a '30. Wouldn't want to take that '31 on a long trip, although my Grandfather said he traveled cross country with one & was able to lean it out and adjust the timing to get incredible gas mileage.

40 Chevy

My grandfather was an old car collector. Probably been in 15 or so model A Fords of all styles. Learned to drive in a 32 Plymouth coupe.
I now have a 40 Chevy coupe with a straight 6 overhead valve and a three on the tree. Beautiful old car. Black with a tan interior. No room for the kids so the wife and I take it out once or twice a year for a nice ride. I was going to hot rod it when I got it then realized it was actually fun the way it was, so it is a 20 year old correct restoration
Still can't understand why the 40 ford got all the attention, cause the Chevys are pretty neat too. The part that cracks me up is the hood release is in the car but the later chevys for 25 years weren't that way.

I once got the opportunity to ride in my grandma's neighbor's '71 or '72 De Tomaso Pantera. Talk about a cop magnet! I remember the radio went up and down to save space (other than horizontal like in every other car). The owner said, "Why bother with a radio? You have all the music you need 8 inches from your head!"

The oldest vehicle I've driven was a '63 Impala SS a friend of mine had in high school. 327, 4sp, air shocks, ladder bars, 4:56 gears, Cragar SS mags, and glasspack sidepipes built in shop class. Car was fast to 55mph and louder than loud.

The oldest car I've ridden in is a '41 Cadillac. Belongs to my best friend's dad... I've done some work on the car, but he always drives on the test drive which is just fine with me.

The oldest car I've owned was my '68 Dodge Charger R/T.

My old boss had a model A ford.I forget the year but he had to use the crank to start it.
I think it was a 1906.
Pretty cool to ride in it and see everyone stare.

I may be wrong, but I believe the first year for the Model A was in 1927. The oldest car I have ever driven is my father-in-law's 1930 Ford Model A with the rumble seat in the back.

Well it's not a car but how about plowing a field with a Farmall Super A Tractor. My uncle would let me plow and cut fields for him durring the summer. I even used it many years later to fix up the place before he died. Good memories and I'll never regret spending a year in my 30's doing it.

Have to say my Dads 57 Ford Fairlane 500 2DR Hardtop. Was an awesome car. He sold it though.:rolleyes:

29' street rod, but the oldest stock car I drove was a freinds 50' Dodge. It was the same car his dad learnd to drive in. The oldest car I've owned and driven is my 57' Chevy 210 post. Drove it to high school in 87'. Fun times.