what is the formual to mix exlyene?

You won't get 105 octane out of xylene because you can only mix it 30% max. Realistic octane will be around 98 or so with the mix.
Add a couple of ounces of Marvel mystery oil or other light oil for some lubrication when you are mixing it.

3 gallons of Xylene
7 gallons of 91
3 ounces of MMO

99 octane it yields.

However if you start with 100 octane and add Xylene (117 octane) you can reach the numbers you are looking for. Don't forget to add the MMO as a lubricant.

-GNX7

from what I remember on previous posts about mixing xylene, it was like 3 gallons of gas for every 1 gallon of xylene.

how do you figure out how much a certain amount of xylene will raise your octane? i'm going to try to find soem and peorbably start out with 1 gallon, i can only get 91 octane at the pump so what will that give me? i just need to eleminate some knock, i'd go to alochol, but after talking to a few people with it i guess it doesn't do much good at high alititude.

What happens if you don't use the MMO? can you get away with an occasional 1/2 tank of just gasoline/xylene?

denn454

91 x number of gallons of gas + 117 (octane of xylene) divided by total number of gallons

Examples:

4 gals. of 91 = 364 + 117 = 481
divide 481 by 5 (4 gals. gas + 1 gal. of xylene) = 96.2 octane

5 gals. of 91 = 455 + 117 = 572
divide 572 by 6 (5 gals. of gas + 1 gal. of xylene) = 95.3 octane

hth

1 gal. of zylene to 3 gal. of gas and 3 oz. of Marvel mystery oil for a full tank.

I have a 15.5 gal tank... so, I put in 5 gal. of zylene 3oz of MMO and about 10 gal. of 93 oct. gas.

I go from 17psi and no kr to 20-21psi no kr :eek:

Thats about all the firehawks can handle:p