What is the fastest ETs w/ STOCK unported?

How Fast

I ran 10.33 at 129mph with factory heads. I was running 28lbs of boost though. The better ported the less boost needed and better it will run. I still have those heads but I had them ported and bench flowed after I took them off.:smile:

I ran a 10.83 @ 125 with a 100% factory stock unported engine. That would include stock cam, heads, intake, TB, Doghouse, etc..........43# injectors and a TA-52 turbo.

I ran a 10.83 @ 125 with a 100% factory stock unported engine. That would include stock cam, heads, intake, TB, Doghouse, etc..........43# injectors and a TA-52 turbo.

IYO whats the key to running that high of a trap speed with stock unported heads.... IS a dump necessary? those speeds seem real high and then 43#er:eek: :eek: :eek:

- I would love to trap around 120-125 - Sure i could do it much easier if i dropped $$$$ and bought some champions - I really never guessed you could run that fast on factory stock unported heads....learn something new everyday.

Best time to date with my stock combo was 11.30 @ 119 mph running 24psi boost. Stock freshened heads.(not ported), stock intake, TB, RJC Power plate, TE60 turbo, prec. stock loc. I/C, 3" downpipe, 60lb motrons. Rebuilt shortblock, .030 over, 210-205 flat tappet cam.

I built a new motor this spring. Roller cam, roller rockers, ported irons, intake, etc, etc. No new track time yet though.

IYO whats the key to running that high of a trap speed with stock unported heads.... IS a dump necessary? those speeds seem real high and then 43#er:eek: :eek: :eek:

- I would love to trap around 120-125 - Sure i could do it much easier if i dropped $$$$ and bought some champions - I really never guessed you could run that fast on factory stock unported heads....learn something new everyday.

No joke! I was prepared to see a lot of 11 second time slips with stock engines. Never would I have thought to see multiple 10 second times posted. Buick built a hell of a machine 20 plus years ago.

x2 what's the key? It's nice to see timeslips but it's far more useful to hear how it was accomplished.

My best with a similar combo was 11.1 @ 119. My sixty foots were horrible that night (high 1.6's)

The biggest part of it was the PT70 forcing the air through the motor. Plus I was running a Cotton dual fuel pump, 3.5 THDP, frt mount inner cooler, small cam with T&D rockers. Everything in my sig minus the DLS built motor. Now I have Champion heads and Dan built a better 109 then the last guy built for me! Hopefully this weekend it will be in the 9's.:)

I didn't start out running that fast with a stock engine. Tuning is what got me there. I was using a PTE FMIC, THDP, an old Gen 6 DFI unit and an EGT gauge to tune. I only ran 110 octane race fuel. No pump gas, no alcohol injection.

The 43's were maxed out at 100%DC and I had the static FP set at 55-60psi. Not the best way to supply fuel, but it worked great for years this way. Single walbro 340 FP with stock fuel lines. I shifted the trans at 5900 rpm

I found that the engine really woke up at about 25-26 psi boost. I ran many 11.00's in the 120's in that boost range. Once in awhile, when the air got good, I would run into 2-3 degrees of KR and that would be enough to knock out a HG. I got good at changing gaskets and cleaning out the oilpan (stock composite with TTY bolts).

I was shooting for a 10.99 and cranked in a "little" more boost. The 10.83 pass was at 29-30 PSI boost. I didn't intend to dial in that much boost, It just happened that way. I made that pass at the GS Nationals and I have a big picture of the launch on the wall in my garage with the timeslip.

My buddy Jeff caught the pass on video too. After I proved, I could run a 10.XX, I kept boost at a more sane 25-26psi to take it "easy" on the engine. That same engine is still making mid 11 second passes in a 86 Gray Limited Leather T...............Right Steve?

Getting the car to hook is one of the keys to low et timeslips. At that time the car was consistently pulling 1.5's. Now the car is pulling 1.30's.....and sometimes breaking the 60' beams with the rear tires.:D

Dave

My buddy Jeff caught the pass on video too. After I proved, I could run a 10.XX, I kept boost at a more sane 25-26psi to take it "easy" on the engine. That same engine is still making mid 11 second passes in a 86 Gray Limited Leather T...............Right Steve?

So far, so good. Still holds 50psi oil pressure cruising down the highway. Although I have upgraded to 60lb injectors! :cool: