What Is the Fastest B4 Black car around...

yea im hard to get. ive heard it all being a squid.

back on track!

A.j.

You were in the Air force Aj, not the Navy. Did you bend over in the shower once to often?:eek::biggrin: LOL

Ok, lets get the thread back on track. I finally got the turbo surfaced along with the waste gate. The tap is out and I bought a new one and finished the thread chasing. It's on it's way to rmar for coating so we'll just have to see who's fastest with a completely stock engine. That the plan first, then onto the 4.1.:biggrin:

ET 14.342 @ 94.67mph 14 psi boost, 2.080 60'
5 psi launch on slicks. anything more and I'd blow the slicks off on the line.
Not the fastest, but it's basical stock on a peg leg on a woren out block.

14.1 @ 98 mph.
1979 Regal Limited/Sport Coupe
3650 lbs race weight.
Stock carb/turbo setup
Home ported heads and Erson cam.
3.42 rear, BFG TA Radials

Great run Jim!, I'd love to see your cars/runs on video. Please try and get on film next time your at the track or just playing around with your car.
I remember your time Walt, good stuff. I can't wait until the tracks around here open back up.

Great run Jim!, I'd love to see your cars/runs on video. Please try and get on film next time your at the track or just playing around with your car.
I remember your time Walt, good stuff. I can't wait until the tracks around here open back up.
That run was about 4 years ago, cars is in pieces right now. Needs motor rebuilt, trans rebuilt and a posi. I stole parts off of it to put my 86 back on the road...only to have some low life SOB steal it. :mad:
Maybe later this year I can start the rebuild, got a couple of ideas for turbos to fab into it.
I've got a few runs on VHS somewhere I'll have to find. None of the faster runs.

YOu really need to get the car back together again Jim. I think you'll do much better this time.

Great going Walt. Have you dome anymore to the car yet?

That run was about 4 years ago, cars is in pieces right now. Needs motor rebuilt, trans rebuilt and a posi. I stole parts off of it to put my 86 back on the road...only to have some low life SOB steal it. :mad: Maybe later this year I can start the rebuild, got a couple of ideas for turbos to fab into it. I've got a few runs on VHS somewhere I'll have to find. None of the faster runs.

Jimbo. Sorry to hear that, (scumbags!! I feel your pain, been there except they did'nt succeed with mine. They did however ruined my dash and collar but Eric Fisher bailed me out with his assistance. I miss him here in Deltona land).

Does that mean that your 83' now get all your attention again? Remember, anything I can do to help. You have always helped me so it's the least I can do for you. I'm more of a carb guy so anything in that department I can do just pm me. Stick around man. I think there are only a handful of us original B4-Black members left. Welcome back to tweaking on a hot air, (instead of using it for parts). :D

Jimbo. Sorry to hear that, (scumbags!! I feel your pain, been there except they did'nt succeed with mine. They did however ruined my dash and collar but Eric Fisher bailed me out with his assistance. I miss him here in Deltona land).

Does that mean that your 83' now get all your attention again? Remember, anything I can do to help. You have always helped me so it's the least I can do for you. I'm more of a carb guy so anything in that department I can do just pm me. Stick around man. I think there are only a handful of us original B4-Black members left. Welcome back to tweaking on a hot air, (instead of using it for parts). :D

When I get some cash flow going again I'll put it back together. I'll send you a PM.

That run was about 4 years ago, cars is in pieces right now. Needs motor rebuilt,

YOu really need to get the car back together again Jim. I think you'll do much better this time.
Great going Walt. Have you dome anymore to the car yet?

I'm in the same situation Charlie... took the engine apart a few years ago, or was it 15 years ago???.:eek: then pushed it to the back of the barn to fit in a few more GS's. Buddy gave me an 84 231. I'm rebuilding that now.
Come springtime, I should be ready to cut a new door in the side of the barn and get the Regal out.
It's great to listen to you guys talk about the potential in using different turbo setups.:cool:

Send me a PM as well Jim. I'll help if I can. I've got some parts I won't be using after all so if you need them I'll offer them up to you. One of us should be able to get some respect out of the SFI guys after all.

Send me a PM as well Jim. I'll help if I can. I've got some parts I won't be using after all so if you need them I'll offer them up to you. One of us should be able to get some respect out of the SFI guys after all.
I have a lot of spare parts I've packratted over the years, spare intake, carbs, headers, ecm. I just need time(more of this that I can come up with) and money to do the rebuild of everything.
Thanks for your very kind offer.

What all do you need to get it back together?
Pull the engine and send it out for rebuilding. All the cyclinders have groves in them. Trans needs rebuilding, new TC, and come up with a new turbo set up and fab a DP for it. But first I need to pull it all apart and put it back together to mock it all up.

In the late '80s my '79 ran 15.40s @ 86mph if memory serves.

The computer was long gone, 2.29 non-posi rear, 2.25" dual exhaust with walker dynomax mufflers and a dial to control the boost.

Shortly after I learned the hard way about fuel pressure and its relation to turbo boost and how if the former was too low and the latter too high what it would do to those nice aluminum pistons!

We rebuilt the motor, added an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, headers, crossover pipe, down pipe, aluminum intake and smaller turbo housing all from a wrecked '83. This set up was noticeably faster but never made it to the track.

With a 200R4 and 3.42 gears the car would have run solid 13s on paper.

The non-intercooled cars could only do about 80mph in top gear before going under boost while the later ones did it at about 104mph. At sustained cruising speeds as I was want to do this greatly shortened engine life with all that heat.

You don't post much, do you. Seems lke you have some knowledge and it's welcome here,but the only thing is that the 81 was the first that had a puter, not the 79.

No, don't have any of the cars any more, just some parts and my old books and such.

Indeed, on top of the fan shroud the car did have a computer of sorts to control the spark retard. I remember the goo melting and exposing the circuits underneath.

No, don't have any of the cars any more, just some parts and my old books and such.

Indeed, on top of the fan shroud the car did have a computer of sorts to control the spark retard. I remember the goo melting and exposing the circuits underneath.

do you have any 83 books? if so you shold sell me some.

Don't think I have anything specific to that year anymore. Will have to check again next time I re-arrange the junk/stuff in the garage.

Are the old articles from the car mags online these days? I either cut them out or printed them off microfiche.

What's your car run and what have you done with it?