What Is the Fastest B4 Black car around...

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I saw a highpo turbo riviera and the guy that owns the b4 black website. But what is the fastest?

OOOO that would be ME!
I'm the fastest/quickest B4Black car.
8.03 @ 178.6mph

'78 Stock block/rotator, stock heads/cam, sheet aluminum intake, .42 trim T3's X 4, 4 non feedback Q-jets, 16psi, powerglide trans. 3.08 gears, 5600lbs 13" street tires 1.155 60ft hooking hard...

OOOO that would be ME!
8.03 @ 178.6mph

'78 Stock block/rotator, stock heads/cam, sheet aluminum intake, .42 trim T3's X 4, 4 non feedback Q-jets, 16psi, powerglide trans. 3.08 gears, 5600lbs 13" street tires 1.155 60ft hooking hard...

Pffffttt got any pics:biggrin:

OOOO that would be ME!
8.03 @ 178.6mph

Well technically you're a hybred B4Black guy Adam.:biggrin:

The record in the quarter mile is 12.92 so far. No one's really done much with the design in the last 25 or so years. That's how I got started with doing some little ideas of my own.:biggrin: Look at my join date and my post count. Lots of questions asked and lots of research on my part. I've had some tell me that I'm beating my head against a brick wall and some that were really helpful, but most of them don't pay much attention to me doing a draw though carb turbo set up. There are several of the guys that look at what I've been doing like Adam and Aj and we have a tendancy to support each other. The big guys that I've asked questions to have perked their ears up a little and pay attention now when I point something out or post some info that'll benefit the community as a whole. The basics are that if you can think of a way to make something work and then do it, people will follow what you say.:biggrin:

Yep Charlie my '84 Regal don't really count as a B4black car.
But don't think I gave up building a doomsday drawthru just because I sold all my "factory" parts to A.j.

I still have to manage a 12.92 in my rolling junkpile to be competative with the Drawthru crowd Charlie. My last trip out in the '84 with the drawthru was 18.22@77.29 the 60ft was lol 2.824 So since that time I've gone thru one block to a newer one running a twice revised blowthru setup over two engines, and now most recently intercooled with a good tune and no traction

I'm getting with it. just can't do as much as fast with customers vehicles at my house too. Wish I could work on my OWN stuff and get paid for it.

what does it take to get a 12.92? what mods did you all do to get your car that fast? i would like to try some for my self. i was woundering can i put nitrous on a before black engine? or is that just crazy?

Ask Adam how well nitrous works on one. I think he's using it.

To get to the 13's the car has to be running perfectly, alky, high boost, and a really good suspension. FC27 (?) has gotten his in the low 13's as well as a few others.

YES! Nitrous Oxide is awesome on the Buick V6.
I love Nitrous and I love Boost and I especially Love them together. As long as it's setup right and the ignition timing isn't crazy and you have good fuel, it's a great time.

Ask Adam how well nitrous works on one. I think he's using it.

To get to the 13's the car has to be running perfectly, alky, high boost, and a really good suspension. FC27 (?) has gotten his in the low 13's as well as a few others.

Drats, I was pretty close wth my 79 ...

The engine I built for it in '86 ran a best of 14.1 @ 98mph.:D
Details:
79 Turbo Regal Limited, 3.42 GN rear, stock TH350 trans with a good rebuild.
83 TR exhaust headers with 82 TR exhaust system.
Engine was 0.030 over with forged TRW's 7.9 cr, home ported heads with os stainless valves, T&D roller rockers and Erson cam.
Turbo was the stock one, stock Q-jet was tweaked a little.
Added water injection to help control detonation.... squirting windshield washer fluid (does that count as alky???)
Ran about 15 psi on the street, a few # more on the track.
Nothin'fancy, and I have to admit a few components were overkill, but We didn't know any better back in those days.

Car was a little lazy on the low end, but the mid range was awesome! It didn't gain much over 4500, ... Probably due to the small stock turbo.

I'm gonna go a little milder this time. Might consider a bigger turbo and maybe someday a blow-thru setup. Maybe now that I'm older I'm also smarter????

If you haven't taken a look at the turbo thread you may what to Walt. I think this would be the best idea for you to get it faster but you really need to port the heads heavily and get a better than stock cam. You can make it faster.

If you haven't taken a look at the turbo thread you may what to Walt. I think this would be the best idea for you to get it faster but you really need to port the heads heavily and get a better than stock cam. You can make it faster.

Found my cam card. It's a Sig Erson 'Turbo 1' cam:
209/210 duration
.491/.466 lift with the 1.66 ratio roller rockers.
112.5 lobe center

I hated this cam! It had poor low-end and only got about 13 mpg in town.
I picked up a milder GSCA cam years ago. Its a 200/200H. I'll give it a try and see if it makes the car more streetable.

Have an 86 GN turbo in stock. I always wanted to try it. Thought about simply putting a thermostat housing on the compressor outlet to adapt it to the intake manifold!

Found my cam card. It's a Sig Erson 'Turbo 1' cam:
209/210 duration
.491/.466 lift with the 1.66 ratio roller rockers.
112.5 lobe center

I hated this cam! It had poor low-end and only got about 13 mpg in town.
I picked up a milder GSCA cam years ago. Its a 200/200H. I'll give it a try and see if it makes the car more streetable.

Have an 86 GN turbo in stock. I always wanted to try it. Thought about simply putting a thermostat housing on the compressor outlet to adapt it to the intake manifold!

finally............... somebody has found a turbo 1 cam card.

I have this exact cam on the shelf. havent used it as it was TOO SMALL for what i needed..... but thank you soooooo much for posting those specs. would it be too much trouble to get a physical copy of the card?

A.j.

Here you go:

Attachments

• Erson Turbo 1 cam 2.jpg
    Erson Turbo 1 cam 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 377