What is the Best way to get the aluminum lip on the TA wheels shiny?

TonyTtops

The one and only
;) Have tried countless polishes and the Mothers powerball. Not good enough!! Is there something more abrasive or is there a way to refinish the lip. I like to try things myself before I spend hundreds on powder coating. What do you all suggest? I have had my rims powdercoated on my 83 Z28. They came out amazing for a meager mortgage payment. Im open to all sugesstions and chemicals!!
Thanks guys.;)

AP

The First Thing You Do Is Tape Of The Painted Area Of The Wheel(at The Lip Of The Wheel To Protect Finish) Take 2000 Grit Sand Paper Or Finer,sand The Wheel Lip With The Direction Of The Wheel Dont Sand Sideways ,once Youve Sanded Then Take Your Polish And Go To Town It Should Make A Difference Good Luck

First you have to sand off the clearcoat on the lip (thats the hardest part)then sand with finer and finer sand paper all the way up to 2000 grit and then polish with mothers. Your fingers will have blisters by the time your done but here is a picture of mine after the above process:biggrin:

Attachments

• front (Small).jpg
    front (Small).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 175
yeah just use wheel stripper strip the whole wheel, repaint center with hi-temp brake caliper paint, 000 steel wool slathered in mothers wheel polish first then go over it again with just polish and a high speed wheel. looks like a mirror.

Mount the bare wheel on the back of your car (on jackstands) and put it in manual low and hold the sand paper on it while it spins. You will want to use wet sandpaper with a garden hose to keep the paper clean. You can polish it the same way. Keep moving the paper around so it sands it evenly and doesn't groove it.

Laugh all you want but i've done this multiple times on other vehicles and I still have all my fingers. Saves a bunch of labor.

Another trick i've seen is an attic fan motor mounted to a bench with a clamp system to hold the wheel and a resistor to slow it down to finger saving speed.

Or you can sit there and sand until your arms fall off.

Never Dull... its in a can. It's like wool with a treatment in it. Rub her all down.

Now powerball the living ish outta her til she's squeeky.

then post up pics.