What is the Best way to get the aluminum lip on the TA wheels shiny?

TonyTtops

The one and only
;) Have tried countless polishes and the Mothers powerball. Not good enough!! Is there something more abrasive or is there a way to refinish the lip. I like to try things myself before I spend hundreds on powder coating. What do you all suggest? I have had my rims powdercoated on my 83 Z28. They came out amazing for a meager mortgage payment. Im open to all sugesstions and chemicals!!
Thanks guys.;)

AP

;) Have tried countless polishes and the Mothers powerball. Not good enough!! Is there something more abrasive or is there a way to refinish the lip. I like to try things myself before I spend hundreds on powder coating. What do you all suggest? I have had my rims powdercoated on my 83 Z28. They came out amazing for a meager mortgage payment. Im open to all sugesstions and chemicals!!
Thanks guys.;)

AP

They best way? you got it...:) take them off.. one by one.. cover the mesh area and strip the clear coat off the wheels..any paint stripper will do.. then start to sand them.. start with 220, 320, 400, 800,1000, 1500.. then compound and then buff to mirror finish.. I have done this.. its worth the time.. Good luck..

Thanks guys.;)

AP

Is this what your looking for?:)

Attachments

• wheels%20to%20sell%20001.jpg
    wheels%20to%20sell%20001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 212
Hey Clean T!! Its not nice to TEASE! Is that what you did? did u do it by hand or some sort of mechanical assistance? dremmel or a drill with attachments. Your rims look out of this world. can you send more picts of the rims on your GN? What did u do with the black part??

Hey Clean T!! Its not nice to TEASE! Is that what you did? did u do it by hand or some sort of mechanical assistance? dremmel or a drill with attachments. Your rims look out of this world. can you send more picts of the rims on your GN? What did u do with the black part??

Check pm's

wheels

send them to me and 25 apiece i'll make them look like that.you pay shipping both ways.take a week or two.

send them to me and 25 apiece i'll make them look like that.you pay shipping both ways.take a week or two.

I was just going to say take'em to a local polisher. I did a number of sets of wheels over the years. I also could have kicked myself when I took a set of welds to a local shop and found out just how cheap they could do it...

Taking the clear coat off, even without all the sanding and polishing looks 20 times better. I did that to my TTA wheels and they look awesome. I also planned to do the sanding and polishing , but in my opinion they look great as is.