What is the best place for wide band O2 on downpipe

LIVE4RDO

Howdy.

I did try to search! But found all kinds of info, I don't need

I'm welding a bung for o2 WB sensor tomorrow. What is the best location? How far down?

Would it be safe to drill with downpipe installed? All the metal shavings will blow out the test pipe, right?

Thanks for your help, as always.

12 inches from turbine is fine for an xfi - fast NTK sensor
if the sensor is a bosch as used on most aftermarket widebands even the fast standalone wideband ..3 feet from turbo is recommended because they cant tolerate the heat .. I put them it in the last bend before it gets to the test pipe with sensor toward the transmission

Here's where I put mine like pacecarta has his.

100_0334.jpg

Yep same here...PLX and they say to install it a minimum 3 feet from engine in turbo applications.
Be sure and not get too close to a possible leaky exhaust joint as any air leak could screw it up.

So I shouldn't be concerned about it being inside the engine compartment? Outside is fine?

thanks

Also make sure to keep it above the 9 to 3 O'clock position to prevent water during warm up from damaging it.

12 inches from turbine is fine for an xfi - fast NTK sensor
if the sensor is a bosch as used on most aftermarket widebands even the fast standalone wideband ..3 feet from turbo is recommended because they cant tolerate the heat .. I put them it in the last bend before it gets to the test pipe with sensor toward the transmission

So who has had experience with a sensor being 12 to 14 inches from the turbo instead of 3 feet and what were the results?

D

So who has had experience with a sensor being 12 to 14 inches from the turbo instead of 3 feet and what were the results?

D

Mine have been at about 12" away from the turbine .. NEVER had an issue yet on any cars .. 10K miles easy on the TTA ..

Orientation and water build up burns them up more than heat ... manufactures all suggest certain distances so it isn't a fixed #
where you will see the difference is in closed loop operation

D
Mine was about 16 inches from the turbine and no issues.
On my new car it's going where ever Pacecarta puts it.

Mine's about 12" away. 3rd year since installed and no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My AEM/Bosch widebands are as close to the heater box as I could get. So, about the 12-15 inches I suppose. I pulled the pipe to drill and weld. I have at least two sensors in my toolbox, narrow and wide spares, always have a known good backup.