What is it that goes First on the 2004R

In a normally operating 200 4-r trans the failure point is the direct clutches. Because of the minimal clutch capacity and fluid path it will fail first. If you're burning bands youre probably cavatating the pump or had some other issue with the setup. There are transmission out there with hundreds of 2-3 shifts at 800+hp. They can last but not ideal for 9 sec or more power. Porsches4lunch mentioned the stator. That's not a transmission failure point. It's part of the Torque converter.

In a normally operating 200 4-r trans the failure point is the direct clutches. Because of the minimal clutch capacity and fluid path it will fail first. If you're burning bands youre probably cavatating the pump or had some other issue with the setup. There are transmission out there with hundreds of 2-3 shifts at 800+hp. They can last but not ideal for 9 sec or more power. Porsches4lunch mentioned the stator. That's not a transmission failure point. It's part of the Torque converter.

Thank you Bison for your response. I appreciate your input, This is VERY helpful

This is will not be for a 9 second car, 11s maybe high ten ( 10.90) once in its lifetime. Mostly
a street car.

BTW

I realize it would be easier to just buy a tranny from extreme automatics but 2 K is not in my budget right now.

well that has the billet parts in it ?? When your sitting on the side of the road because ya broke a drum or other simple part that $2k thought will be in your head as trucks and cars are flying by ya @ 80mph while your waiting for a tow truck. :p