What is it like to live in Kentucky

NJTurbo

Simply The Best
The locals seemed very nice and property seems very cheap. What is it like there all year long.

I don't live in Kentucky, but live about 10 minutes from the border. I work in Northen Kentucky just about everyday. I lke it there alot. Just gotta convience my wife to move there;)

BTW...thanks again for the aviator:D

I know several people who have moved to BG from here in the North Alabama area with their jobs at Delphi. They like it except for being away from their families. BG reminds me a lot of the city I live in. If I had to move somewhere other than where I live now it would be BG. Friendly people, not overcrowded and the best track in the world to watch racing from the stands. There is always something worth watching at the dragstrip, if only it hooked like my home track it would be perfect.

There seems to be a lot of babes in BG. My son Rob's eyes were bugging out.
It seems like a great place to live. I would eat at Toots at least once a week for the great food and those fried dill pickles. Love that old track.

BG is a college town, having Western Kentucky University right there on the hill. So, in turn you have a ton of people in the fall/winter/spring, and the town is empty for the summer, at least that's what my cousin tells me. Most of my Fathers family lives in/around Bowling Green. Back in the summer of 1999 I came very close to moving there to attend WKU and finish my degree.....July and August can be extremely HUMID!!!! Everytime I've been there the people are very friendly and the food is GREAT!!!!

oh yeah, you can't beat the drag racing action!!!!!:D

The 5 days I was there would be enough for me thanks.

Yeah, there is good food and friendly faces, but when I drive past businesses that repair hailstone dents, that's usually not a good sign for car people. I remember one year at the Nats and just missing softball-size hail by a few hours.:eek:

The houses seemed realistically priced from what I saw in the local papers and vehicle inspections seemed non-existant. The town looks to be set up for conventions and sports meets based on the number of hotel/motels and eating establishments.

Sounds like my kinda place! Just give me a GN in the front yard and a rockin chair on the porch and I'll be good! :D

Hey you guys who went to the Nats.. what is "the" hotel to stay at there? I'm ready to start planing my trip already! But I want to stay at a good place that's close to everything! So I figure I'd ask now while still fresh on the mind of you guys! :) I can't wait for next year! I'm going all week!

Originally posted by Bobtempest
There seems to be a lot of babes in BG.
out of the last 7 years I've been going, most of the "local" women I've seen are very large & missing 1/2 there teeth;) the hot women are the ones just visiting.:D

Driving from Nashville Airport in Tennessee and then into Kentucky the landscape was really pretty, seems like lots of farms. The chick's at toot's were pretty hot, somebody has a few pictures of them and they were Southern Bells:eek:

There was a farm for sale on 50 acres for 100k:eek:

Do they see snow, is it considered the South:confused:

the drivers down that way are alot more friendly. i noticed that as soon as i crossed the state line back into maryland, the azzhole drivers came out of the woodwork!

Originally posted by TurboIndian
out of the last 7 years I've been going, most of the "local" women I've seen are very large & missing 1/2 there teeth;) the hot women are the ones just visiting.:D

Next year if you attend go to Outback Steak House on friday or saturday night.

Originally posted by evil_gn
the drivers down that way are alot more friendly. i noticed that as soon as i crossed the state line back into maryland, the azzhole drivers came out of the woodwork!

I flew into Newark NJ, I got the finger twice on the way home:(

Some MUTANT was in the left lane of the NJTPE and decided to come over into my lane without looking, so I beeped so he knew I was there. Well needless to say he gave me the finger like it was my fault:(

Then sitting on the parkway, EZPASS 15mph. Well this girl stops while on her cell phone and waited. I beeped she gave me the finger:(

I said to myself we are not in Kentucky anymore:(

Is it 2006 yet:confused:

It seemed really nice down there:cool:

I've lived in B.G. most of my life although I've lived out west some too. I like it here because of the small town atmosphere and the cheaper cost of living. One big plus is seeing the largest gathering of TR's in the world one week every year. It's just a laid back town but with a good solid City Hall that really tries to make positive changes and growth. B.G. appreciates the TR crowd.

Originally posted by phillyturbosix
Hey you guys who went to the Nats.. what is "the" hotel to stay at there? I'm ready to start planing my trip already! But I want to stay at a good place that's close to everything! So I figure I'd ask now while still fresh on the mind of you guys! :) I can't wait for next year! I'm going all week!

My friends, my brother and myself changed are reservations from the Econolodge to The Holiday Inn University Plaza. Great move if you ask me. The econo didn't look to hot. The Holiday Inn, had a lounge, resturant and breakfast buffet. Clean place, waterfall inside. Paid $100 a night. Not bad split between 4 people. My father, his friend and little bro stayed at the Country Hearth. What a dump! Tiny rooms, ceiling was falling apart.

Next year we will be back at the Holiday Inn or the Courtyard which looked nice and was right in front of the Holiday Inn. Only reason would be my Marriot Rewards bonus. ;)

We were also thinking about looking into a move to BG. CHEAP property. Nice place. Just not sure how the community would take to a bunch or non-locals opening a auto repair facility. -Mat-

We were also thinking about looking into a move to BG. CHEAP property. Nice place. Just not sure how the community would take to a bunch or non-locals opening a auto repair facility.

Funny you said that, I looked at a 50 Acre farm for 100k. Granted it needed work but it had beautiful rolling hills and a decent size pond on the property, 3 barns and a house. I am going back before BG:cool:

We stayed at the Courtyard last year and were very happy. This year we went to the Fairfield Inn and that was very nice also. I have a 2.5 yr old and cant have him playing around on Motel 6s carpet.:eek:

We have discussed staying at the Holiday Inn, maybe well try that next time.

My buddy stayed at the Counrty Hearth the last couple of years. He said they tried to change his rate or wouldnt honor a rate. He went some where else.Im sure he didnt know the place had gotten so rough.

On another silly note when in BG stop by Reileys bakery on the 231 bypass accross from the Economy Inn. This is a original old style bakery where they still wear the little hats and aprons. The lady behind the counter remembers us every year. Oh and everything there is so good.

You would not believe how good a glazed doughnut tastes mid day at the track with a glass o milk.:D Especially when you are trying to cover up the taste of the mystery meat "Tenderloin" sandwich from Beech Bend.;)

Originally posted by NJTurbo
Driving from Nashville Airport in Tennessee and then into Kentucky the landscape was really pretty, seems like lots of farms. The chick's at toot's were pretty hot, somebody has a few pictures of them and they were Southern Bells:eek:

The best thing about em is they were lacking the N.E. douche bag attitude we have all come to know and love up here........Nicest chicks I have ever met....... Man, I'm movin.... :D

We stayed at the Ramada Inn, you walk in and they have the Cinderella staircase. However when they send you down the hall you get the blast of hot smelly air:eek:

Hey it had a clean bed, a shower and a ****tier and was only $59.95 per night:p

KY Rules Of The Road

1- Never use turn signals... It gives too much information to the enemy.

2- Yield to any vehicle that has #3 or #8 NASCAR garb on it.

3- Speed limit? What speed limit?

It's not that bad of a place to live, I would still rather be in the Keys:)