What insurance company is everyone using?

speedskills

Seniór Member
Just bought a new policy through Hagerty Auto Insurance. We valued the car at $15000 and the premium is $340 a year. Does that sound good to yall? I'm just wondering who everyone is using to protect the value of their car and what your paying?

Just bought a new policy through Hagerty Auto Insurance. We valued the car at $15000 and the premium is $340 a year. Does that sound good to yall? I'm just wondering who everyone is using to protect the value of their car and what your paying?

I know all my buddies with there chevys use Grundy!! All the qoutes were full coverage and cars valued at 20k!! there all under 300 a yr!! all with QQ tags as well!!

i pay i think low $600 for 30K in coverage. American collectors insurance

I'm currently paying $600 a year with American Family for my appraised value at $26k. But I've heard great things about Grundy and am highly considering changing this April when I fire it back up.

Hagerty here, just to let you know 86 is their cut off year; 87 they categorize your car in a different class and charge you more for the same coverage. I went rounds with them on this last year, tried to explain there's virtually no difference on the 86 to 87 TR other than a grill change, a name change, etc. but still no dice. Other than that price is ok.

Switched to Grundy from Hagerty. $400 for 25K coverage WITH glass coverage, Hagerty didn't have glass coverage, at least when I had them, not sure if they do now or not.

Switched to Grundy from Hagerty. $400 for 25K coverage WITH glass coverage, Hagerty didn't have glass coverage, at least when I had them, not sure if they do now or not.

Nice!! So do they follow the same rules .. 25 yrs and older get QQ tags?? If so im sure yours will drop next year if you plan to put the QQs on! Hell why not free registration, no inspection, No brainer

What is a "QQ" tag? ---

Its like a antique plate for New Jersey. I dont know anything about New Jersey because I'm a Delaware boy.

I know this year I can antique my GN here and not have to worry about inspection again. I get a exemption sticker and I get to keep my Centennial plate too.

Ive heard its only about $75 to do here according to some locals Ive spoken too.

I have Grundy on mine, $17K value and it was about $280 last year when I renewed. Expecting another grand in coverage this year an maybe $300 renewal. We'll see when I get the paperwork.

I think the GN is 230.00 year for 23k agreed value, The chevelle is at 20k agreed value I think around 140.00, Im getting a multicar discount. These and my other are through a place called Miller & Miller. Had Grundy for my Z-06 but it was almost 500.00 a year. I'm very happy with this company.

what restrictions?

What are the restrictions with these places. I know some limit mileage, but can you still drive during the week? With street rod tags (in MD), we're limited to weekends and holidays. I can handle mileage limitations, but not being able to drive during the week is B.S. Thanks, Tim

I'm looking at getting my GN appraised for an agreed value and then getting a different insurance.

I'm paying 180 a month without collision....... RAPE

I'm also 21. zero demerits, no accidents, claims, tickets etc... could you imagine the price with a sub par abstract?
:frown:

In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: quotes-center.com

Just out of curiosity, is anyone out there using allstate? I've been with them for years but I will admit I had major trouble with them when I had my 79