What injectors?

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
This street motor has an ATR 212º billet roller cam, unported 8445s 255 lhp pump and hotwire, headers, 3" downpipe, duttweiler neck stock IC, 3" KB single shot. stock ECM, stock rear gear. With the stock turbo at 14 psi, my 02s are at 775-780 mv in 3rd gear with the converter unlocked. The current injectors are fresh lucas red stripes 40# with an ATR 7th injector running an additional red stripe, and a Joe Lubrant chip street chip. It seems as though the motor can take more than the injectors can supply.

before I bolt on the TA-49, what injectors and chip would be recommended for the new turbo?

Take a look at my sig.

I have Precision 42 Lb with a TT chip.

42 Lber's are good for a 500 HP engine. I seriously doubt you're out of injector. In fact... not even close yet.

I guess if you think you'll exceed 500 HP someday, go with 60 Lber's.

This street motor has an ATR 212º billet roller cam, unported 8445s 255 lhp pump and hotwire, headers, 3" downpipe, duttweiler neck stock IC, 3" KB single shot. stock ECM, stock rear gear. With the stock turbo at 14 psi, my 02s are at 775-780 mv in 3rd gear with the converter unlocked. The current injectors are fresh lucas red stripes 40# with an ATR 7th injector running an additional red stripe, and a Joe Lubrant chip street chip. It seems as though the motor can take more than the injectors can supply.

before I bolt on the TA-49, what injectors and chip would be recommended for the new turbo?

oops....forgot to mention the port matched intake, KB ram air, headers and crossover.

Take a look at my sig.

I have Precision 42 Lb with a TT chip.

42 Lber's are good for a 500 HP engine. I seriously doubt you're out of injector. In fact... not even close yet.

I guess if you think you'll exceed 500 HP someday, go with 60 Lber's.

with fuel pressure set at 44 psi with the line off, why are my 02s a little low at load in 3rd? Maybe a weak fuel pump? It shouldn't be with only about 400 miles on it along with a casper's hotwire kit. I don't dare turn up the boost with 02s in the 775 area. I would guess the TA-49 would push it way below that at any appreciable boost. With less load in 2nd gear, 02s are in the 800-820 with converter unlocked. maf registers all the way up to 255.

FP keeping up w/ rise in boost??
A new pump.. Maybe the hanger hose is leaking?

I'm not familiar with Joe Lubrant chips, but I'd suspect the tune of the chip. Old technology??

There is no way on earth you are out of injector with your current setup.

Anyways...... I'd still go with Eric's (TurboTweak) injector & chip combo. 42lb is sufficient, but if you're gonna be adding more goodies in the future, go with 60 lb.