What if you could paint your TR a different color what would it be??

Evening Orchid....it was a rare color used on some Chevy Impala SS cars around 64-66 I believe. Very subtle graphics to enhance the effect as well.

I would paint mine WHITE after owning
Black 1957 chevy
Black 1970 Chevy MC SS
Black 1986 vette
Black 1996 Impala SS
Black 1997 Chevy P/U still own
Black 1987 GN still own
:rolleyes:

Oh man that is a hard choice. Either GM Sunset Orange Metallic, GM Cayenne Red Metallic (available in the mid-late 90's), or possibly Light Titanium Metallic which was available on '90-'93 Mustang GT's (I think those were the years it was available). That metallic red paint that you can get on newer Mitsubishi Eclipses is cool too.

Fusion Orange Metallic on the new Pontiac Grand Prixs looks wicked. Wouldn't mind that either :cool:

Steve

The Sonic Blue color on the SVT Ford Lightning and Cobras would look slick on a TR ....

Is that the color scheme of the early GN's? I think it was 83 that had the silver top and black below the body line? The one that had the BIG black "Buick" on the rear quarters. That is an awesome paint scheme in my opinion!
<whoopAss>
FaRTIE you sh!thead!!! :mad: That's an 82 Grand National!! The Grandfather of all the GN's. Dammit man...have the least bit of freakin respect for your elders!!! :( And while we're at it, lets get the colors right!!! It's charcoal and firemist silver!! Geez, what a putz! You were repeatedly dropped on your head as a child, correct? Would explain how all your hair got pounded inside that head! ;)
</whoopAss>

OK, back to Rich's color question. Been there, done that on my daily driver. The color is "Frosted Lilac Metallic". A 90's toyota color that in real bright sunlight looks like a silver with a hint of blue/purple to it. In regular light, it's a light purple. As it gets into shadows, it gets to a deeper, yet still "frosted" pruple. With chrome bumpers, rest of the trim blacked out...and all emblems removed. The 3.8 SFI TURBO on the hood painted on in a purple pearl. One angle you see it, one angle you don't. ;) Also on the rear quarter panels, the 82 Buick Billboard as it's called is also painted in purple pearl. Same effect as on the hood. Large as that is on the rear quarters, it's nowhere near as noticable as on the 82's. This color does get tons of compliments at shows and just driving around town. :p

Dan
JCC#009

Any color, but primer...seriously though, I'd paint it Basecoat Black, with a coat of a translucent blue (I don't know the technical term) and then a couple coats of clear...I want it to look like an old blued revolver.