What have you guys used or done to fix this???

LookingforaGN

I am sure I am not the only here or I hope that I not the only one that has this going on with their front sway bar bushing mounting bolt area. Where the bolts that go into the frame or worn out and the stock bolts do not tighten up because the screw holes are over sized. What can be done or what have others done for this. I just want to get some tips before I do something that I should not do.

You've got a couple of choices here. Nutzerts can be used but the tools aren't cheap amd they're a pain to use sometimes. The other 2 options are to get nuts on the back of the bolt inside the frame or weld a couple of nuts to a steel plate, work it down to where the bolts come through and use that instead of the nutzerts or nuts by themselves.

I just tapped the holes out to the next bigger size. I think it was 3/8ths coarse or 7/16 coarse then used Allen head bolts.

Thanks for the info I was thinking that is what is needing to be done. I just did 7/16 coarse thread Allen head bolts.

If the stripped hole is on the passenger side you can run a longer bolt and put a nut on the other side. There is a convienently placed hole in the side of the frame. The driver's side is a different story.

Neal