What has happened to this site

Beamer

I don't get around here too often, but what has happened?

I continue to get his click, clisk, click, click, click, click and on and on and on

The mouse jumps around and the curser flickers.

I skip letters typing every once and a while still.

I have problems trying to post to a thread.

I try to see a thread again and it will not pull up.

This has really changed to the bad.

And I know it is not my computer. I don't have this issue on the Ford Powerstroke BBS or the V8Buick BBS

It is like there are pop ups galore trying to make their way to meand my bocker is stopping them? Is there a lot of money to be made in the BBS world for that? I don't mean to sound blunt, but I really wonder what is going on.

Mike

It may be your computer. I have one here at home that behaves that way on this site and another that always works correctly.

I know that I get the same thing too. Its happened out of the blue. Forced me to visit this site only on my smart phone. Sucks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When I'm at work this site is really slow (windows 7 ie8). It basically freezes between links. It might be Netguards firewall at work messing with it, but on the mobile app and Firefox on my mac it's fine.

Same here, stoped using the site because of it. Haveng really been on it in almost a year. Now I have to use my phone if I want to vist tb.com

At work it runs like junk which is Windows 7 and the newest version of IE. At home with FIREFOX Runs great! Should be running Firefox or Chrome anyway. Explorer continues to put out junk!

That figures.

It seems like companies go out of their way to make IE lok bad. They realize a weak point and then they emphasize how a pain in the butt it can be. It is not like they try to work around. I am not into using multiple browsers, so I guess I will just put up with the BS when I come around.

Mike

I just confirmed that IE was the problem. I logged in through google chrome on a computer that has not displayed this site correctly for months and every thing works fine now.

When this started happening I started sending emails back and forth to Jay so we could figure it out. It's something in IE that causes this but I don't remember what it is. It's specific to IE because of the Xeno forum program we're using for the site.;)

Same thing here can't use IE for this site and a few others I'm on. Chrome works pretty good. IE sucks X2

I have to use Firfoxe with the site

IE is slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter and has teh jumpy crap you are talking about.

Switched to Firefox, BAM! no issues! Switch you search engine guys... Just like Charlie said!

Switched to Firefox, BAM! no issues! Switch you search engine guys... Just like Charlie said!

it's a browser, not a search engine...

i've been running Firefox since version 1.something and only use IE when absolutely necessary... thankfully, they don't lock down the computers here and work and i was able to put Firefox in it instead of IE...