What fuel pump will take me into the 9.90 range?

F8L WS6

Eventually i'm looking to get down into the high 9 - low 10 second range with my TTA but for now will probably be looking for mid - high 10's. I really like the Racetronix TTA kit and was wondering how far I could take this pump? Also would it be possible to run the Racetronix inside the tank and bolt up an external pump at a later date? One I could switch on and off? Or does anyone make a dual in tank setup for the TTA?

I have a crack at the top of my gas tank so while it was out I figured I might as well do a new pump.

Thanks alot in advance for any help or suggestions. :cool:

Red Armstrong will do a custom dual in tank setup for you if you send him your tank with two of his XP pumps. I talked to him a couple years ago about this while discussing the fuel system with him for my car. Give him a shout.

I know Jack Cotton has done at least a few Walbro dual-pump setups for TR people.

I have the same question for my TTA. I was considering something like an external Aeromotive pump, but that would require replumbing with Aeroquip like fittings (I think...)

If the TTA tank is the same as any other Firebird, I wonder if it would be worth it to get another one and fab a pipe/AN connector into it and run an external pump?

The big concern I have with dual pumps is when one fails. I know at least a few people who lost a motor when this happened.

Mark: The TTA tank is unique to the turbo cars.There is supposed to be a feature inside that stops gas from running away from the pick-up during turns, part of the 1-LE package. A "normal" F-car tank will fit the body though. Turbota.

Originally posted by F8L WS6
Eventually i'm looking to get down into the high 9 - low 10 second range with my TTA but for now will probably be looking for mid - high 10's. I really like the Racetronix TTA kit and was wondering how far I could take this pump? Also would it be possible to run the Racetronix inside the tank and bolt up an external pump at a later date? One I could switch on and off? Or does anyone make a dual in tank setup for the TTA?

I have a crack at the top of my gas tank so while it was out I figured I might as well do a new pump.

Thanks alot in advance for any help or suggestions. :cool:

The NEW single kit for the TTA has a special interface on it which allows you to add a MSD pump booster as a PnP option which will extend the pump support well beyond the range you require.

There is no extra charge for this new option.

Racetronix! Just who I was looking for too. Will your single 340 pump be able to support my car into at least the high 10's? I've been looking at the kit and I want to get it. But i'd be happy if I could at least eek out a high 10 on the pump.

Another question, the new kit will have an extra harness so I could connect an additional external pump up to the kit? If so then I could just go ahead and wire in an additional external pump when I need to? If so this sounds like exactly what i'm looking for. Eventually I want to dip into the 9's and if I can do it this way that would be fine for me.

Thanks alot!

Many TR people have gone high 10's on a single Walbro so I'm sure your TTA can insuring correct tuning.

This system will support a car going into the low 11's / high 10's with proper voltage (healthy alternator & battery):
http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix-TTA_Pump_Kit.html

You should not double up two pumps on one harness. Each pump requires a separate harness w/fuse. If you want to add a second pump at a later date we can supply a piggyback harness or you could start from scratch with a custom Racetronix DP system.

The easiest option is to add a MSD pump booster to the Racetronix harness. We have f-body LT1 and LS1 customers making upwards of 700RWHP on a single 340 using a booster.

I finally got the tank out today. Honestly its not bad at all to do. Hardest thing to get around is the damned rusty as hell bolts. Found out my tank leak was because of someone used rubber silicone to seal up the filler neck to the tank......brilliant. So i'm going to get that welded up.

Thanks everyone who replied in this thread. I'm going to go along with the Racetronix kit for sure. Sounds like a great kit. How long about to get it? I was thinking i'd have it by next Wenesday if I order today?

All you guys are awesome. :cool:

Originally posted by F8L WS6
I'm going to go along with the Racetronix kit for sure. Sounds like a great kit. How long about to get it? I was thinking i'd have it by next Wenesday if I order today?

All you guys are awesome. :cool:

Average is 3-5 days so there is a good chance :)