What do you think my combo will do

badgrandntl

My combo is listed in my sig. I also added ta performance headers. I have the .63 housing on my turbo. I am wondering what kinds of times you think I can run and with what boost? I am currently running 25 psi. With my combo what psi should I run? I also forgot to add I have rjc head gaskets with arp head studs. I was running with 27 psi of boost, with no knock but I am doing this all on the street right know and I am not sure which is faster What would the next area of improvement be? Thanks just kinda lookin for feedback until I get to the track.

My combo is listed in my sig. I also added ta performance headers. I have the .63 housing on my turbo. I am wondering what kinds of times you think I can run and with what boost? I am currently running 25 psi. With my combo what psi should I run? I also forgot to add I have rjc head gaskets with arp head studs. I was running with 27 psi of boost, with no knock but I am doing this all on the street right know and I am not sure which is faster What would the next area of improvement be? Thanks just kinda lookin for feedback until I get to the track.

11.30/11.40 What do you tune with, straight pump or a mix with race fuel?? You have to 60' better. Then work on how it runs to the 1/8th. Once thats good and you're sure it's making all the power(mph) you can there, go for the full quarter.

I tune with straight 93 octane and the alky kit from razor. Thanks for the information sounds like a great way to start my tunning process

Remember start rich. Wideband and a Powerlogger...good stuff!! Are you using a 5.6 chip or the 6.0?

I'm using a 5.6 chip. With 25 psi I took out like 6.0% of WOT fueling and the wideband was reading 10.6 with no knock. Should I take out more fuel to get to 11.0 or up the boost and add that fuel back in because I am getting no knock? Thanks Scott

Here is where 5 guys will give you 5 different opinions. I would up the boost until I get to 28psi. Keep it between 10.6-10.8 by adding fuel where needed. Use the alky to kill any knock. Once I got to 28 and no knock I would start adding timing, 1* at a time at looking for mph gains in 1st/2nd gear 1/8 mile runs. Once I maxed mph there, I'd add to 3rd gear and gain mph in back half. Remember NO Knock!;)
Just my .02

I just got my car back together with a different motor and tranny. Are combos are very similiar. Same size turbo, same stall, mildly ported heads and intake, 3" exhaust alky etc.....

Was also wondering what my combo would do??? Never had it to the track. I see you went 11.6 with old combo. What's different from old combo to now???

My old combo was with a GT6131E turbo and I didn't port the heads yet and stock headers. Right know I think I need a slightly bigger stall for this turbo to get lots of its potential.

No real reason it can't get in high 10s.......:biggrin:

At least once..

Stock cam..?

I agree with Eric. You dont have any knock so pull some fuel. 1 # at a time and see if it it knocks. Dont pull any alky. Dont set the A/F numbers based on someone elses car. My car ran best at 10.8-10.9 A/F. Some are higher and some are lower than me. Its what your combo wants. Your timing could be a little higher in 1/2 gear(24-25 degrees). Also your TPS needs to be above 4.30 volts at WOT.

I always pull ALOT of fuel out of first gear and add a few degrees of timing. Then I drop the timing for 3/4 gear. "Get the fire lit and then keep it going". High boost + low timing= happy motor.

Other than that its a good clean pull.

Run looks fine. I agree with Erics post. Log it from a dead stop with traction before you make any fuel adjustments.

What kind of rubber do you run. What kinda rear sway bar ya runnin. Any airbags? Stock u joints?
I'd address the suspension if it's not already, then I'd go directly for a cam and the extender chip for your translator. High tens should not be a problem.

Whats wrong with the chip he has? He can add or sbutract fuel and timing. He has the scan tool and WB to keep an eye on all the parameters. No reason to spend that $100 IMO. I agree the suspension tires and 60ft are important. at this point though.