What did you do to your GN today?

It has been a good night for me and Christine :jawdrop:. Installed a new turn signal/cruise control/wiper stalk. DID not want to take the steering wheel off so used the "attach and pull a wire up from the other end" trick. Worked like a charm! AND I found the vacuum leak in my AC system. One of the hard lines under the hood was split. Quick repair and the AC now blows out all the vents instead of the defrost. More things are on the to do list, but I'm quitting now while I'm ahead ;)

Drove it to work and now I get to see it right outside my window. Weather was perfect this morning and looks like it will be cooler here all weekend. Windows down, ZZ Top and boost up.

Regards,
John

Brought it out for a good cruise today. It's been up for nine months. It was up for winter and just got it out of the body shop for some new paint. After a small fuel leak repair and burning old gas out of the tank, it ran great. All I need now is to buff and wax it and then badge it. Can't wait.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1406520701.283426.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1406520716.151484.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1406520725.695696.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Installed a catch can today to stop my breather from soaking up. Yesterday installed kirbans x braces followed by paining over some holes and rust under neath the back seats. Boy do i have some work ahead of me there.

Took my nephew for a ride tonight. He had heard about the car but had never been in it.

I opened it up and scared him a bit. He said it was probably the fastest car he had been in. He loved the "horse sneeze".
He is getting his Masters in Electrical Engineering and was amazed at the integration among the Powerlogger, Wideband, and Alky Injection in a 25+ year old car.

Took my nephew for a ride tonight. He had heard about the car but had never been in it.

I opened it up and scared him a bit. He said it was probably the fastest car he had been in. He loved the "horse sneeze".
He is getting his Masters in Electrical Engineering and was amazed at the integration among the Powerlogger, Wideband, and Alky Injection in a 25+ year old car.
Tuner friendly these cars sure are thanks to Turbo Bob. Definitely has a touch of new school to them with the old school grunt and speed.

Not to mention Eric's (Turbotweak) chips. My nephew was asking about the USB cable on the passenger floor on my car and I had to explain the Wideband setpoint integration into the WOT response from the 6.1 chip.
I talked a bit about the SD2 chip, but I think I lost him at that point. :)

How old is the nephew? I took my 5 year old nephew and my 8 year old cousin out. The 5 year old had never done a burnout, so we fixed that. When I took the 8 year old out, he thought we pulled the front wheels because of the rise of the nose when getting on it! It's great to pass on the experiences I had as a kid around those ages. I actually own the car I got a ride in when I was 10; It's a lot faster now!

Went drifting at the local dragstrip. Wasn't supposed to be a drift competition but it worked out that way.

Lubed all Zerk fittings on front end. Some weren't working but a piece of house wire (copper) fixed them. Also replaced washer pump last week. Can now spray cars on either side of me and behind me at stop light :eek:

Did nothing at all to my gn today. Didn't even look at it! I was off work last week & had a chance to get some stuff done, though.

I installed a transducer to log FP. Figured out my fuel pressure was low and readjusted it. This led me to readjusting my IAC and TPS, as well.

I installed a volt booster from Red Armstrong. Volts under boost are now up to 14.4 from 13.2!

I finally rolled the rear fenders.

And last but not least: new brake lines, S-10 wheel cylinders, longer shoes, and aluminum drums. It was a bit more than I bargained for, and took me the better part of an entire day!

Ordered fillers and injectors and a chip. Project this week is to get the DS header off and repaired. Any pointers for a first timer?

image.jpg
image.jpg
New powder coated valve covers & plenum, heater line delete (hard lines on p/a valve cover started leaking) & cleaned it up a bit.

Changed the oil with VR1 20w-50 and half a bottle of ZDDP.
Added Posi additive to the rear end.
Used brake cleaner to wipe parts around the engine.
Drained 93 gas and added 12 gallons of E85.
Swap gas chip for E85 chip.
Turned boost up to 23lbs.
Used a syringe to remove old brake fluid and replaced with Dot 3 Synthetic.

Need to replace Power Steering fluid. It's yellow/brownish....

Painted the turbo housing....looks better then it use to

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 179
Removed this and put the stock steel pulley back on.

It started to eat my belt from the flat side in. :jawdrop:

About 65K miles on it. o_O

Went to a 635 belt from a 637 as well.
20140901_193416.jpg

i installed crossover pipre for exhaust, atr downpipe and started the fab on my test pipe. also got trans cooler installed along with my intrped fans.