What combo for my goals??

$3-5k for high tens? Maybe a few times if there were no pre existing problems and the owner knew what to do.

Are you saying if you bought a stock, 30K mile car, you couldn't make it run high 10's "more than a few times" for $3,500 in parts, if you did all (or most) the work yourself?

I'm pretty sure I could, and I'm not that good.

I've seen people spend $10K to run 12's, but I was giving the OP more credit than that.

a car that runs 11's with 23mpg....hey you wanna work on my car for me.....haha thats awesome

Not 11's it run 10.40 at 133 and it would most likely get better than 23 mpg but I can't seem to stay out of the gas, Also I think I was answering the guy by saying it doesn't take that much to run what he wants to run

UNGN said:
Are you saying if you bought a stock, 30K mile car, you couldn't make it run high 10's "more than a few times" for $3,500 in parts, if you did all (or most) the work yourself?

I'm pretty sure I could, and I'm not that good.

I've seen people spend $10K to run 12's, but I was giving the OP more credit than that.
Probably not. Roll bar/helmet, axles, tires, turbo, intercooler, injectors, trans work, torque converter. down pipe, fuel, air induction, chip(s), tiuning device, and other oversights are well over $3500. This is without removing the intake manifold or valve covers and running an open exhaust.

Probably not. Roll bar/helmet, axles, tires, turbo, intercooler, injectors, trans work, torque converter. down pipe, fuel, air induction, chip(s), tiuning device, and other oversights are well over $3500. This is without removing the intake manifold or valve covers and running an open exhaust.
well good thing for me is i already have 3/4 of that stuff. The main thing is the trans needs work to handle the HP