What cold air systems are the best?

What's the stupidest thing you've ever heard?

• What color is your GN?

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I thought Monte Carlos had 305s!

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Can you hit the 14's with that?

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • My Civic'll teach you a lesson!

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by WakkoSS
Does ATR even HAVE a website? Couldn't find one listed on the GNTTYPE vendors board or through Google.

The Big Mouth kit seems to be made better than the Tin Man kits, based on photos on the respective websites. I was thinking about using a mailbox and some bondo to put a hood scoop on my GN...cheaper that way and really custom. ;) Yes, I'm kidding..but I did see a kid with a Caprice with two garbage can hood scoops. Wish I had a camera for THAT one.

I have the Tomka kit on one car and the TinMan kit on the other.

IMO, the Tomka is overpriced and I was not terribly impressed with the fit. Also, the bracket that holds the filter did not seem particularly stable so I Rube'd up a lightweight circular "platform" for it. I bought the larger diameter and had to increase the opening in the radiator support.

The TinMan kits (at the time I bought a few years ago) were only aluminized steel and chrome and since I did not want chrome I bought the aluminized steel and then had it powder coated. It's okay...does the trick.

If I were to buy one now I would go with the Big Mouth kit.

BuickGN.com Big Mouth Kit!

Mark Hueffman has great customer service and top of the line quality products, and plus my car has one :cool:

On 3 cars I have done this: I took the KB canister that holds the air filter and cut the end out. I then installed a K&N 14" long filter in it, leaving half the filter exposed to plenty of air. This setup eliminates the vaccumm that could be created inside the closed canister and then when the car starts picking up speed, I have cool fresh air coming in to the canister from the ram air scoop. I'm sure some engineering type can poo poo this setup, but in my mind it looks like a good idea.

Gary