What can BPG do to get more cars at BPG Event

gbsean

Is it payouts
Safety/Tech Issues
Heat
Track

looking for constructive input please.

Never been yet but I would guess the time of year makes the heat pretty uncomfortable. Speaking for myself only, but I won't drive 10 miles to race my black car when its 90+ out. Looks like 8-2-12 was 93 degrees.

Payouts could be an issue, what are they generally? I will say that I was very dissapointed in the payout at BG this year. Matter of fact I have yet to receive anything yet for runner up in XTSM. We do this more for fun than money but when you spend as much on these cars as we do & come in 2nd at the biggest national event of the year its almost an insult to be told that you win a $50 gift certificate and then never even receive it. I guess I am supposed to track it down.

I am hoping to make more races this year if possible.

Sean, I'll say that we had a great time at BPG (wife and I got away from the kids for the weekend). I chose not to race my car because I heard that if I went in the 10s without a rollbar, I would not be allowed to run again. So we showed the car, but no racing. I have a lot of friends that have low 11 to mid 10 sec turbo regals that did not show. I also know that National trail is strict on safety. Any chance of finding another track similar to Norwalk? Either way, we plan on going this year, but it would be nice to have a big turnout. Also wondering why the event didn't go into Sunday, but I'm sure you guys have your reasons.

What are the chances of coordinating this around the norwalk event? Maybe do this the two days before or the two days after norwalk? It looks to be pretty close on the map. That way we could all hit two events in four days and some of us could save hundreds of miles traveling. Looks to be 94 miles from track to track. Either track is 750 miles from me. I know this year is planned, just something to think about for the future.

What are the chances of coordinating this around the norwalk event? Maybe do this the two days before or the two days after norwalk? It looks to be pretty close on the map. That way we could all hit two events in four days and some of us could save hundreds of miles traveling. Looks to be 94 miles from track to track. Either track is 750 miles from me. I know this year is planned, just something to think about for the future.
John, I have a safe place for you too park a truck and trailer. If you want you can store the whole rig indoors and fly home.
I am 3 hours from Norwalk and 2 hours from BPG.
My racing buddy has a 70 x 100 plus foot building with concrete floor.
I live one hour west of Indianapolis airport and will give you a ride.
Just something to think about

Ronnie

Seems like Indy would be a great place to have an event location-wise. Why did the Indy event not work out?

John, I have a safe place for you too park a truck and trailer. If you want you can store the whole rig indoors and fly home.
I am 3 hours from Norwalk and 2 hours from BPG.
My racing buddy has a 70 x 100 plus foot building with concrete floor.
I live one hour west of Indianapolis airport and will give you a ride.
Just something to think about

Ronnie

I sure appreciate that Ronnie, That would be a great option if I could make both events and they were within a week or two. I take the car to the track nearly every weekend at home though.

John

Sean, I'll say that we had a great time at BPG (wife and I got away from the kids for the weekend). I chose not to race my car because I heard that if I went in the 10s without a rollbar, I would not be allowed to run again. So we showed the car, but no racing. I have a lot of friends that have low 11 to mid 10 sec turbo regals that did not show. I also know that National trail is strict on safety. Any chance of finding another track similar to Norwalk? Either way, we plan on going this year, but it would be nice to have a big turnout. Also wondering why the event didn't go into Sunday, but I'm sure you guys have your reasons.

Economics...plus Vendors leave Saturday and only Racers stick around. Plus people have option to leave Saturday night or Sunday and not take am extra day after work.

Politics.....