What auto shifter do you run?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
My stock floor shifter is sloppy and I'm interested in knowing if anyone makes an after market shifter that will fit in the stock console and work with my
TH200-4R?

Thanks.

I don't think anything is a direct fit, you'll always have to do some sort of cutting to the console box. A lot of guys get the B&M Quiksilver to fit under the stock console, other people have done Hurst QuarterSticks, etc.

Search for some old threads in the transmission forum.

Here's an install guide from an old newsletter...
Hurst_Quarter_Stick_and_BM_Shifter_Installations

I don't think anything is a direct fit, you'll always have to do some sort of cutting to the console box. A lot of guys get the B&M Quiksilver to fit under the stock console, other people have done Hurst QuarterSticks, etc.

Thanx, well that's sort of a bummer, I was hoping to keep it as stock looking as I can.

I did see someone use a Quarterstick, they had to remove the whole shift panel plate to use it, there was a huge gaping hole where the shifter came thru the console....

Hurst Quarter Stick - perfect for trans-brake. Not much modification.

One question on your quarter stick....I have one of those on my Chevelle, and on mine the 1-2 shift is done by pushing on handle, 2-3 shift you have to squeeze the actuator, but the shifter can be pulled from N to 1 w/o having to squeeze the actuator at all....is your shifter anything like this?

I can take pictures of mine so you can see it... clean look...

B&M Pro Ratchet shifter.... cant miss a gear.

I have an extra console (original). I had to remove the center section then made an aluminum plate that has the gate in it. Then I used a dark gray felt to cover that and put the shift indicator on that.

I have to squeeze the lever and pull down to 1
Then squeeze and push all the way to 3 - I would then have to pull the lever to get to OD/N then the lockout.

The part that scares people away from the quarter stick is the attachment to the tranny linkage. I retained the factory hardware and just ground down the the bracket that the cable hooks into.

I have detailed pics of that install if you should ever consider it.

Dan

I have an extra console (original). I had to remove the center section then made an aluminum plate that has the gate in it. Then I used a dark gray felt to cover that and put the shift indicator on that.

I have to squeeze the lever and pull down to 1
Then squeeze and push all the way to 3 - I would then have to pull the lever to get to OD/N then the lockout.

The part that scares people away from the quarter stick is the attachment to the tranny linkage. I retained the factory hardware and just ground down the the bracket that the cable hooks into.

I have detailed pics of that install if you should ever consider it.

Dan

I'd like to see the pictures if you don't mind Dan. I'll be doing it this winter and may use the 1/4 Stick as well.
craggar@telus.net
Thanks

Hurst quarter stick with shift plate from BuickGN.

Attachments

• Hurst1.jpg
    Hurst1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,319
I'm running a quick silver, seemed like the easiest one to install, just took about an hour or so including shimming it up to fit right, minor trimming on the console to make it fit.

I'm use to a Pro Ratchet on my other ride so the quick silver took a little time to get used to, but it's MUCH better than stock.

Hurst lightning rods here. Work great and a huge attention getter! Daniel Ray

:) Console Kits Go to the bottom of this page of our site to see the overlays we offer for the Hurst and B&M shifters.

Thanks for the link. Those shifter plates look nice....looks like I'll have to get myself one when I finally get around to replacing the shifter.

Also just wondering....I took a look at the Hurst Quartersticks and the B&M's version (can't remember what it's called).....but on Summit they said the B&M needed extra parts to work with the 200-4R and didn't mention the Hurst one needing anything extra...just wondering what all (if anything) do the B&M's use and if the Hurst is ready to run out of box?

Thanx again.

anybody ??

Any sort of shifter will work with a stageright, all you're doing is shifting into 2nd. Only difference being the sloppy stock shifter might slip into third or even further because there is no gate mechanism to stop it from moving forward. An aftermarket gated shifter will lock into 2nd gear when you shift.

i was just wondering who is running one?? and how they like it?
im considering this, after the problems i had at Noble bending my j-rod