What auto shifter do you run?

Here is my pro stick with a plate from buickgn. it is for a th400 with reverse valvebody.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,155
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,133
In a monte, but...

Picture is blurry, car is messy, but here is a pro ratchet in my car...

DSCF1339.jpg

im considering this, after the problems i had at Noble bending my j-rod

ahhhh... Melissa bent hers to @ Reynolds :rolleyes: .. also looking for a solution :frown: I have another shifter here I have to look at to see if we can make it stronger :cool:

B&M "Hammer" shifter

This is the shifter my students "chose" and installed(they "sat" it lower in the console to give it a "shorty" style:D ). Now we have changed the handle for a line-lock button. Works Great;) !!!!!

Attachments

• interior%20Dr_%20side.jpg
    interior%20Dr_%20side.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,059
Another set of Hurst Lightning Rods. These were in the car when I bought it.

Attachments

• P1030102.jpg
    P1030102.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,117
New Shifter Custom

Anyone ever seen this shifter. I like how it works, very simple and more features than B&M, Hurst etc. Check out How It Works link on left of page.
Not really a console mount though without some Mods.

KILDUFF MACHINE PRESENTS

Here's my revised QS installation.

Mark

Attachments

• QS revisited 6-03 a (Small).jpg
    QS revisited 6-03 a (Small).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 946
  • QS revisited 6-03 b (Small).jpg
    QS revisited 6-03 b (Small).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 935
Here is a B&M pro-ratchet shifter. Center console is untouched!!! I made a plate to eliminate the ashtry for my boost controller. Very easy and simple shifter, impossible to miss a shift.

Attachments

• 2007_09049-5-070021.jpg
    2007_09049-5-070021.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 961
I'm still using the original shifter but I changed the gate to prevent from shifting into "OD" or "Reverse". I've also added a custom handle from "www.buickgn.com"...Works ok.

Claude :wink:

Kilduff Shifter

Sorry, but thst shifter is hideous. Never.

My .02 cents.

I agree. He's definetly not a designer. LOL! I like the way it works too. But that's all. I guess it would be OK for a drag only car. It looks like the shifter throw length may be kind of long though.
SSedan64

Hey....I know this is an old thread but it's mine so....

Just wondering those of you with the aftermarket shifters that replaced stock floor shifters, did you omit the shift linkage going from the column to the trans?

Nope, it would cause you to have to make a switch up to activate the reverse lights, and a netural saftey switch. My old car had a Cheetah SCS and TH-400. Kept the linkage hooked up with no issues.

Guys, I saw the pictures some of you posted about the aftermarket shifter you installed in your GN and they all look great!...For a nice appearance, I also bought a console overlay from " www.buickgn.com " like some of you did, but have a question: ->WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO REINFORCE THE STOCK CONSOLE PLATE (after enlarging the opening for the new shifter) WHERE THERE ARE SOME UNUSED HOLES LEFT BY THE STOCK SHIFTER'S POSITION INDICATOR? I'm concerned that if I simply affix the overlay over it that it will be too "soft" and eventually break through if I accidentally press on it...:confused:

Also, I already know that in order to have the neutral switch and back-up lights to work, I have to weld the B&M-supplied transmission lever to the original one, but I don't have much info as how to install the shifter into the console and still have everything to align and look right...:rolleyes:

thanks,

Claude. :wink:
______

Nope, it would cause you to have to make a switch up to activate the reverse lights, and a netural saftey switch. My old car had a Cheetah SCS and TH-400. Kept the linkage hooked up with no issues.

Darn. Well not sure what else to do, I'm afraid the shifter cable is going to break.

Also, I already know that in order to have the neutral switch and back-up lights to work, I have to weld the B&M-supplied transmission lever to the original one...
thanks,

Claude. :wink:
______

Here are two pictures I found showing the modified trans lever...The first picture shows the two needed brackets (B&M left, GM right) and the second picture shows them welded together and installed on the transmission (Note that the lower part of the GM bracket has to be cut off before welding). The most important thing is to make sure that the rectangular holes in each brackets are perfectly aligned one on top of the other!

Claude. :smile: