what are you guys doing to keep gta wheels clean

the wrath

i just had a set of gta wheels refinished and i know how hard they are to clean. my gn rims build up brake dust like crazy i wanted to know what are u guys using to keep yours clean brake shields or with some type of chemical please let me know.

U can get brake dust covers but some think they don't allow the brakes to properly cool. Some swear by em, other swear at em. Be sure not to use anything too harsh. Simple Green seems to work for many including myself.

before u put them on....apply a paint sealant to them..makes them super easy to clean with just soap and water with a soft boars hair brush....tedious yes, but you only have to do it once... super tedious is having to do them each time

"what are you guys doing to keep GTA wheels clean"

.............SWEARING........ALOT.

"what are you guys doing to keep GTA wheels clean"

.............SWEARING........ALOT.

I agree with you...I went with Torque Thrust IIs. Keeping them polished is easier than cleaning all those small spaces in those beautiful GNX wheels...I almost got some, but decided not to as just too much trouble for me to clean them, so many damn small holes to clean out on them. Don't get me wrong...they are beautiful..Torque Thrusts are easier to polish and not that often. They always look clean...:smile:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Wait a minute...

i just had a set of gta wheels refinished and i know how hard they are to clean. my gn rims build up brake dust like crazy i wanted to know what are u guys using to keep yours clean brake shields or with some type of chemical please let me know.

Did that big@ss new girlfriend of urs buy U those wheels?:eek: When U get them on the car call me up and Ill get Ur buddy Mark to give U his opinion! Awaiting ur call.

u know what brer rabbit i will just take the wheels off your car when mine get dirty because your car aint coming out anytime soon.

clean and polish then spray rain-x on them ..then a water hose and towel keeps them clean ..also works on welds