What are these plates for?

Daytona_83

I'm just wondering what these plates on the hot side of the turbo are for? One has the rabbit ears and one is just plain. I would like to use the plain one as part of a mounting point for a bracket, since I'm using a T04 turbo off an 87 GN on my slant six-powered truck. That seems the most logical spot to bolt on a turbo bracket.
Also, I am having a hard time getting one of the bolts off the plate to remove it and make a template. I have tried WD40 and it didn't do the trick. Anyone else have any suggestions on how to remove it? It's being a stubborn biznatch!

Here's the plate I'm talking about:
2014-03-31110512.jpg

Those hold the housings to the center. Loosen them and it will allow you to rotate the housing.

Oh I see. Can you rotate the housing freely to have different angles for the exhaust inlet/intake outlet?

Correct. If you remove them then the housing can come off. Same for compressor side.

Ah nice! So I dont have to keep the factory angle of the hot/cold housings? That will make my life so much easier! Haha I never knew that! Stupid turbo newbs anyways ;)

To remove the bolts use a stiff punch and hit them with a heavy hammer in the direction of rotation