What are the best sounding loud mufflers

I have Flowmasters, which are not good at all for turbo cars because of the backpressure the chambers create. BUT, i have been around many turbo buicks and my car always gets complimented on how good it sounds. Its pretty loud but no drone. Full 2 1/2 exhaust with 2 flowmasters. Like i said, it sounds awesome compared to other mufflers, but the do restrict some flow. I always seem to have the best sounding car at meets, but i would rather have something less restrictive. For example, through the mufflers 23 pounds of boost, if i open the cut-out 25-26 pounds of boost. It doest seem like much, but its a night and day difference between the two.

You want loud? Get an electric cutout. Doesn't get any louder than that. That way you can close it back up when the loudness gets annoying, or the "man" is around.

Otherwise, anything straight thru in 3" will be loud. Pypes race pros, dynomax ultraflows, dynomax race bullet, hooker aero.

Keep an eye out for ATR pitbulls. If a vote was taken they would win for best sounding muffler however ATR is not around anymore so hooker aerochambers are pretty good for loud.

You want loud? Get an electric cutout. Doesn't get any louder than that. That way you can close it back up when the loudness gets annoying, or the "man" is around.

Otherwise, anything straight thru in 3" will be loud. Pypes race pros, dynomax ultraflows, dynomax race bullet, hooker aero.

TR has a muffler installed on right side in front of the engine, any other muffler is the second muffler.

Personally, I like the sleeper of a quiet Buick & the cutout for attention.

Recently switched from Magnaflow's to dual ATR Pitbulls.

My vote goes to the Pitbulls......if you can find them, they are well worth it.

I agree with getdowngranny 100% on the flowmasters. I have em on my car too with an electric cutout. Open the dump and boost jumps a few pounds, they are super restrictive. But as mentioned above, they do have a pretty throaty sound. A lot of people think my car is a V8 (that a Chevy 350 in there?.........no) which is funny/annoying at the same time. But I like the sound of it and it has gotten a lot of compliments on the sound as well. I don't worry about the restriction either since I've got the dump. Hope that helps a bit!

I run a stock style with dump so it’s quite until I need it. I like when the ricers rev the engine up by me I just open it up then and watch the Hondas piss them selves.

ATR Pit Bull Mufflers

My vote goes for ATR Pit Bulls....:biggrin:

2 1/2" or 3" in Stainless Steel or Aluminumized Steel.

Attachments

• ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 008.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 008.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 447
  • ATR Pit Bulls 2.jpg
    ATR Pit Bulls 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 443
  • ATR Pit Bulls 1.jpg
    ATR Pit Bulls 1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 475
It looks like the previous owner put Cherry Bombs on mine,but they are not red.

The whole system is welded together nicely with the chromed slash-cut tips exiting behind each rear wheel. There is a small cat in stock location. Possibly the stock one. ? Has a nice rumble but isn't loud. Drone on the hiway.

The best sounding mufflers I've heard on a GN was one with some vette mufflers. It had a nice high pitch sound and rap. Did not sound like the aweful sound the V6 usually make. Performance wise who knows.