what am i missing out of my combo?

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
i posted this in the timeslip database but didnt get to many responses, so here goes

with my car as it sits in the mostly stock form. i put down 395 hp and 404 tq on a dynojet with max power right at the 5300 redline... i was on about 18 lbs of boost and im running 93 octane on this 92 degree day.

my mods are as follows

ta-66 (too big) .63 back side
pte front mount
57 lbs injectors
160 thermostat (that opens whenever it F#%king wants to)
atr driver side header and stock pass side (minus external WG)
thdp 3"
tial external wg 44mm
rjc powerplate
218-218 cam (i think)
dead stock valvetrain other than cam
dead stock heads (minus valve springs)
dead stock intake manifold
dead stock upper and TB
short block is unknown,(id guess a rebuild with .030 overs thats it)

so my question is whats next?? ive got a super large intercooler that im gonna be finishing up with in the next week or so, but i dont think thats the weak link in my engine.

at this point im most inclined to go after a set of 1.55 to 1.60 adjustable rockers just to get more airflow past the stock valves and hopefully get a little higher lift. cause at this point the motor sounds like a "valvetrain sewing machine" so i know the stamped rockers arnt cutting it for accurate valve lift and duration.

what do you think? whats next?

That's a lot of cam for stock heads. Get a set of Champion ported irons along with some 60# Motron injectors:)

Heads

My opinion: Have some head work done. A nice bowl cleaning and port job or just buy a set of aftermarket heads. Either way it will be a huge improvment.

Assuming that since you have bigger injectors you've upgraded the fuel pump and wiring, but if not you should. The next main question would be what kind of TC are you running. To get the most out of the turbo you should be around 3200 and atleast have the stock heads ported since that would be the cheapest way to go.

Turn the boost up to 33psi or more. You will see a huge improvement. Otherwise go for for the heads.

Turn the boost up to 33psi or more. You will see a huge improvement. Otherwise go for for the heads.

in the event that i wanna show my rods what the sun looks like, i will do that lol.

im keeping the tune on 93 octane for now so its basicly gonna stay under 22 lbs. i think ill send a set of big valve ported irons i got laying around out for a freshing up

sooo rockers wont do much anything? with a proper adjustment?

Assuming that since you have bigger injectors you've upgraded the fuel pump and wiring, but if not you should. The next main question would be what kind of TC are you running. To get the most out of the turbo you should be around 3200 and atleast have the stock heads ported since that would be the cheapest way to go.

yea the fueling is all setup properly. my tc is about a 2800 to 3000 stall. the turbo that was onthe car when i bought it was a 60-1 and it was damaged so i replaced it witha spare ta-66 from another build.

IMO- you will not see much of a gain going with 1.6 rockers, your cam has plenty of duration if it is a 218/218. With stock heads you need to turn the boost up like bison mentioned. Some head work would help if you want to keep your boost low. I would also look into a good TC like a PTC unit.

I wouldn't bother going to a huge intercooler with that small of a turbo. I ran a larger turbo with the PTE front mount on my car and it was fine. I would say rockers, alky or race gas, more boost, and head work.