What am I doing wrong?

black84

Went out to the track with my 87' stock gn for the first time Friday and it was not pretty. I have to admit that I had a hard time launching the car. For one I could not even build any boost while at the lights. It seemed like it was having a hard time spooling off the line and barely managed to make a pound of boost before the tires broke loose. :mad: The only mods I have done is the walboro 340 and a homemade wastegate I made for that night. The first run I got with 15 psi and 91 octane was a 16.5 which was pretty constant. So a few runs later I upped the boost to 17 pounds with c-12 gas which netted me a 16.1. On the way home from the track i still had about a 1/4 of a tank so I opened her up and you could really feel her pulling hard. I could almost swear that it runs faster than my 00' ws-6. The only thing wrong with this is that I expected my gn to get off the line a lot harder than my 00' ws-6, but it didn't. So my question is what am I doing wrong. I've done all the spring cleaning except change out the springs. Any advise would be appreciated. Do I have a slow gn or is my inexperience with the gn my weak spot? :confused: One other thing I live in El Paso, Tx and the alltitude is about 3500 ft. above sea level. Thanks Andy

Billdog, I don't have one I figured I could get away without having one since I was running on c-12 and only 17 lbs. of boost.

Was it barely revving up and after launch, around the 60ft mark coming alive? Might want to check to make sure your torque converter wasn't changed out for a stock stall (non turbo application). My T was like this and took forever to get going. 60ft's were in the 2.8 zone until I got the right converter.

Cool you're in EP. I'm right up the road in Cruces.