What about this front cover?

oh ok :p we still run stockers here.. Just check them an give them a "haircut and a shave" :biggrin:

David, get the oil filter housing surface nice and smooth. You can sand it down with sand paper on a piece of glass unless its galled up pretty good. (you can buy a new oil filter housing for 35-40 that is smooth as glass as well) Set the clearance using different gaskets and drill out the passages. If you do a search for "earl brown" mods on this board or the other one that ends in "S" you will find his mods. They are quick and easy and should provide more than enough volume and pressure for a stock motor. I run HV units but also have my mains drilled larger and need that volume.

David, get the oil filter housing surface nice and smooth. You can sand it down with sand paper on a piece of glass unless its galled up pretty good. (you can buy a new oil filter housing for 35-40 that is smooth as glass as well) Set the clearance using different gaskets and drill out the passages. If you do a search for "earl brown" mods on this board or the other one that ends in "S" you will find his mods. They are quick and easy and should provide more than enough volume and pressure for a stock motor. I run HV units but also have my mains drilled larger and need that volume.

Only thing is that to do Earl's mods it needs to be a true GM Cover. I tried to drill the 2 passages with the 1/2 bit, one was fine the other opened a hole in the side. I talked to Earl and he told be about using only GM covers as they are thicker.........lucky I have a spare one. The other will be used as a paper weight now. :biggrin:

Only thing is that to do Earl's mods it needs to be a true GM Cover. I tried to drill the 2 passages with the 1/2 bit, one was fine the other opened a hole in the side. I talked to Earl and he told be about using only GM covers as they are thicker.........lucky I have a spare one. The other will be used as a paper weight now. :biggrin:

I have done it to many HV aftermarket front covers but this weekend I did make a small pinhole in one. So yes a GM cover is more desired. But I am assuming there is nothing terribly wrong with Davids and that he can modify his current stock front cover.

I'll just reuse my OEM cover. Where would I find different thickness gaskets? One of our vendors? FWIW, I'm not having issues, I just want to get everything right while it's apart. How about a cam button? I want do it once, and do it right. Thanks.

Clean up/port the oil pump, remove the flashing on cover/ports, use one step up higher spring and rock on